Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 109

Bob J, humanpotatohybrid, Ozstatman, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Car Cover
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Looking for a car cover to put on my 53 Cavalier while not in use and inside. Also looking for a cover for my parts car, which is stored outside, just because I don't want the person's yard looking too junky.

Have any leads?

Attach file:

jpg  car cover.jpg (12.52 KB)
226104_651dfa1f212fc.jpg 259X194 px

Posted on: 2023/10/4 18:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Car Cover
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I use Simoniz ones, they are available in a verity of styles and sizes from dust covers to full fledge 4 season outdoor use. I use the 4 season on my one car I store outside, and actually the second too the 1st year I worked on my 37 as it took up the whole garage that year. Both cars looked the same in April as they had the previous October after a very tough and long winter of snow/ice/freezing rain/melt. They are on their 3rd season. Still use the one daily on my car that stays out through the summer too, to stop UV/bird droppings/dust etc. Goes on and off in a few minutes. I have added a heavier waist cord to act as a hold down under the car, as the original was light and rotted and broke. I have also sewn on the circular patch used at the antenna opening along with the use of alligator clips at the bumpers to stop the wind from lifting it.
Bob J.

Attach file:

jpg  Simoniz Car Covers.JPG (147.63 KB)
225215_651e17de73fbd.jpg 1920X903 px

Posted on: 2023/10/4 20:56
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've purchased covers from Auto Chic Car Covers in Dover NJ. They had the dimensions for my '34 Packard and it fit perfectly, 100% satusfaction.

Posted on: 2023/10/4 20:57
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You may want to see what California Car Covers has. I've used their covers an some of my cars and recommend them.

Posted on: 2023/10/5 13:06
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I was happy with Custom Car Cover too for the ones specially made for my 1952 Henney-Packard and my 1964 Crown Imperial limousine by Ghia.

Posted on: 2023/10/5 13:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved