Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 163

Mike Chirco, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1954 Packard Convertible
Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
This is my 1954 Packard convertible, currently listed for sale on Hemmings (see link). A very detailed and honest description is there. Feel free to message me through that site or here if interested. Thanks!

$26,000

Runs, drives and stops. More details are on the Hemmings listing.

Clean title.

Located in Kelton, PA USA (South Eastern PA).

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1954-packard-senior-kelton-pa-2731640

Attach file:

jpg  1a.JPG (361.73 KB)
226500_65354f45e2860.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/10/22 11:36
 Top  Print   

Re: 1954 Packard Convertible
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It looks like a very nice mostly original Packard at a reasonable price! Someone here should snap it up.

Incidentally, the air cleaner shown on the Hemmings listing is for the 1953-1954 327 engine. The one for the 359 was unique and quite different.

Posted on: 2023/10/22 13:53
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Looks nice for price. I think the cost for the average DIYer to fix the various issues would be less than the value gained.

Posted on: 2023/10/22 17:02
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   
Like (2)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I have a nice set of original (not reproduction) wire wheels and older but good tires that would look really great on it! Fighting the urge . . .

Posted on: 2023/10/22 20:49
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
The Owners Manual is also from 1953

Posted on: 2023/10/22 20:56
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
Thank you everyone for your comments and the clarifications on the air cleaner and owners manual. I will be updating the Hemmings listing with the new info you provided.

Posted on: 2023/10/23 10:49
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
This weekend I will be reducing the price on the Hemmings listing to $24,000. Just wanted to give the Packard enthusiasts here an early heads up if anyone has interest.

Posted on: 2023/11/1 9:54
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I would recommend getting the title in your name.

If I heard that the title was still in the name of the prior owner, that would give me pause. I've dealt with title issues before and they can turn into a nightmare especially if things can't get resolved or you have to get a bonded title. Things get more complicated with estates when the current title is still in the name of the deceased. Words such as "CURRENT CLEAR TITLE IN MY NAME" help to sell cars.

Just my

Posted on: 2023/11/1 10:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
Thanks for the reply/advice. I agree title in a deceased owners name can be difficult. In this case, the title is in the name of the trust and endorsed by the trustee and should not be an issue. I have spoken with them and will certainly pass their contact info to the buyer should there be any need when they title the car.

Posted on: 2023/11/1 10:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I can only confirm what BigKev said. Getting my first Packard titled in my name was the proverbial nightmare even though I had all the paperwork and title was signed off by original owners.

Problem started because original owners had died and an intermediate seller who bought the car from their heir or representatives had owned the car for years and never transferred it out of the original owners names. Issue was because the original owners had signed off on the wrong line of the title document and since both had died, there was no way to correct that mistake. Heaven help you if DMV gets a form with a signature in the wrong place. In this case the owners signed on the legal owner line instead of the registered owner line. Apparently in California legal owner only means a bank or some such third party holding a lien on the car. The intermediate seller could not help because as far as DMV was concerned he never transferred so never owned the car and was just providing storage.

Resolving that issue and getting title transferred took months with registered certified letters to former addresses which had to be presented to DMV returned as not deliverable and unopened and finally providing a bond for the appraised value to be in effect for a certain amount of time.

Moral: Make sure the estate signs the title paperwork in all the right spots if you are relying on them to provide a clear title.

Posted on: 2023/11/1 10:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved