Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Filter
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc
See User information
Hey guys
A while back I mentioned putting a fuel filter just before the carburetor on my ‘49 std 8. Well here is a pic of what i have. Let me know if this looks to be the right one. It has a ceramic filter in the bowl.

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_5608.jpeg (266.45 KB)
226376_65384e534f234.jpeg 900X1200 px

Posted on: 2023/10/24 18:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Filter
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
That's right. Wash the ceramic filter in acetone. You can also get modern pleated paper filter.

For those missing such a filter or having a warped one, Jeff Adkins, Moose Motors, Penngrove (Petaluma, CA in the North Bay) had or has NOS, as he does most mechanical items and all drum brake parts for everything domestic from Auburn through Zephyr into the '60s. (707) 792-9985, packardguy54@sbcglobal.net

Tell him Mike, '47 Super Clipper, Walnut Creek referred you. Jeff also rebuilds most components, including pressure plates with the Packard jigs.

"Chinese red" available from Ace Hardware a match for the original paint, as it was for the recessed hexagon on the hubcaps of the '40 One-Twenty i had long ago.

Posted on: 2023/10/24 23:46
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc
See User information
Thanks su8overdrive,
I will remember to do that, and will keep your rebuilder in mind.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 18:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Doc, see my post yesterday on the General Forum re: gas filter source if in need, either pleated paper or ceramic.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 18:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved