Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 205

29tons, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1941 120 Club Coupe interior fabric source?
Just popping in
Just popping in

jrbrks
See User information
Good morning,
Does anyone know of a source for the correct interior fabric, headliner and carpet for a 1941 Packard 120 Club Coupe?
The original appears to be a gray patterned cloth.
The car will be a nice driver, and I would like to find the correct cloth or as close a match as possible.
Overall, the coupe is very nice, except the interior is very rough.
Thanks
Jim

Posted on: 2023/11/26 7:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 120 Club Coupe interior fabric source?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
SMS in Oregon is really the only game left in town. They will mail you sample swatches. But their lead time can be over a year on some products.

Posted on: 2023/11/26 7:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Try Bill Hirsch Auto. Also I believe the dealer reference on this site has some info on what was available

Posted on: 2023/11/26 13:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day jrbrks,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '41 120 Club Coupe (A car close to my heart) in PackardInfo's Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2023/11/26 14:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

jrbrks
See User information
Thank you for the suggestions. I will follow up with SMS and Bill Hirsh. I am hoping to find the original pattern or something close.
I have recently purchased this ‘41. I will check to see if it is already a part of the registry.
Thanks again,
Jim

Posted on: 2023/11/27 6:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I'm going to share my experience with redoing the interior of my '32 901. To begin with, the car was not painted with the standard colors offered by Packard in 1932, but since one could order a 901 from the Packard in primer and have it "Painted their of their color of choice". Of course it would need to be a color available in 1932. We selected IM504 (which was on a 1931 De Soto- if memory serves me correct), which is a reddish cherry color.

We received a sample from SMS of a multi-colored stripped material in a dark grey with a reddish overtones and ordered 26 yards of it (at ~$160/yd - ouch!!). We waited 8 weeks to get the material and when it arrived it was not the same material as it was a multi-colored stripped material with green overtones that clashed with cars color. Needless to say we played hell with SMS to return the material for a re-fund.

We eventually went with a ribbed, wool broad cloth in a light-medium grey (another 26 yard @ ~160/yd). We bought 4 yds of gray headliner (~~$150/yd) which was heavier that than the seat material and difficult for the upholster to install as it was very "stretchy". For each order, we waited 6 to 8 weeks for each order.

We bought cut pile carpet for a Mercedes locally from a supply house for much less than SMS.

We checked with Hirsch, but their options were very limited - not sure about now.

I wish you the best - Good Luck.

BTW - we are happy with the end result, but the road was Hell.

The wife & I are glad the Albert ("Mr. Upholster") was able do a great job on the car's interior!!

Posted on: 2023/11/29 3:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
ANOTHER BTW

Your '41 Coupe will take less that the '32 Sedan. In addition to the seats, we did the door panels and sides with the seat material, which used 18 yds of the 26 we bought. The headliner & sun visors use 4 yds. Not sure on the carpet.

Posted on: 2023/11/29 3:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Assuming you have the standard interior, I think you would need 3 materials: striped wool broadcloth for the seats, a plain material for the door panels, and a lighter weight material for the headliner. It might be ok to use one material for the latter two.

Posted on: 2023/11/29 9:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I went for the seats & door panels having the same material because of not being able to find a non-ribbed wool material whose color looked good. In addition, there is a '31 Packard at the Nethercutt that was done that way.

Posted on: 12/1 16:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Jrbrks in case you are interested SMS is having a sale - 10% off during December.

Attach file:

jpg  SMS_Sales.JPG (31.24 KB)
1063_656b8f5e51a9e.jpg 340X621 px

Posted on: 12/2 15:11
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved