Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 138

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Site News
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just through I would say thanks to everyone that have been participating here on the website. It's nice to see it grow a little bit each day.

The Owner Registry is really filling in nicely. I think we almost have every model in the the 55/56 years represented.

Also thanks to those that have taken the time to add part information to the Part X-Ref. It makes it so much easier to have all of the contained in a central database then having to search all over different forums and website to locate it.

A few people have asked me about when the Model Info pages for the pre-war cars are going to come online. Too be frankly honest, I hope to put some serious work into it after summer is over. With the summer giving me longer days, I am taking advantage of them to work on my car. Once the time changes and it's dark by the time I get home from work, then I will switch back into research mode and start working on the Pre-War Model Info pages.

Also I hope to enlist some of you pre-war experts out there that can help decipher and document some of the same type of information that we used on Post-War Model Info pages.

The Model Info pages are not something that is just thrown together in an afternoon. The Post-War pages took myself, Brian, John and Dave almost 3 months to compile, fact check, and manual enter all of that information. Also trying to locate as many factory renderings(illustrations) to use for the pictures was also time consuming. So if anyone has any of the renderings for the pre-war cars or the any for the post-war cars that are currently missing, we would appreciate the help. These typically came from the product Brochures, Magazine Advertisements, and Salesmen Fact/Data Books.

Also if anyone runs across a newer edition (1996 printing date and newer) of "The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942" for a reasonable price, then please let me know. The newer editions are going for over $300 on Amazon. That is outside my budget.

Thank again for all the support....

Posted on: 2007/7/9 15:48
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Site News
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Kevin: The book you mention at the end of your post, I happen to have which was published in 1996. The copy I have
was purchased a couple of years ago,and I think I paided 50.00 for the book.

Any information that this book contains on Packards I will gladly supply to you.

ASK THE MAN WHO HAS THE AUTOMOTIVE LIBRARY

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/7/9 20:49
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
John,

Thanks for you offer. I will take full advantage of it once I can get started on the Pre-War pages.

Your $50.00 turned into a good investment. I couldn't believe how much they are asking for that book. I am suprised that havent issued another reprint.

Posted on: 2007/7/9 21:04
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Kev, It's funny about the book prices. A couple of years ago I was shocked to see the "Packard , A History..Kimes" selling on Amazon for $250-300 a pop because the book was then out of print. I even considered selling mine. Then it was reprinted and you can buy one on E-bay any day for about $40-50. Supply and demand I guess.

Posted on: 2007/7/9 22:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
BigKev -

Let me just say that the goal of the Owner Registry should not be to merely have one of every model, but to document ALL Packard cars - whether they're restored, running or otherwise. It sure has grown, but there's plenty of room to add more!

It IS the the goal of the Model Info pages, however, to provide basic data about each production model of Packard form 1899-1956. That is truly great news that people are asking about PreWar Model Info. It sounds like agreat prject for the fall/winter months, and I hope it grows along the pattern we set with the PostWar cars.

Posted on: 2007/7/10 9:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Brian I completely agree with you about the Owner Registry. I was simply making an observation that they were so many 55/56 owners that have taken the time to add their cars to the registry that we almost have one of every model represented.

I would like it to grow to encompass as many Packards as can be. It makes it helpfull to be able to track what happened to a car you may have owned, or if someone has a car that you want to buy. Also I think it's important in trying to figure out exactly how many units of for a particular model are still out there.

I just got my PI members directory a few days ago, and it's always nice to read through it just to see how many Packards from the earliest brass years all the way up to the end are still out there being enjoyed by their owners.

One thing I did notice by reading through the PI directory was that Packards are just like tattoos, people always seem to have more than one.

Posted on: 2007/7/10 11:00
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved