Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
248 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 247

Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

37 120 Tail Lamp Mazda No. ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
What does the "B" in the "B" 63 for the Tail lamp Mazda No.? I have found the Mazda 63, but no returns for the "B" 63 when I search. Are they the same?

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 12/19 10:07
 Top  Print   

Re: 37 120 Tail Lamp Mazda No. ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I do not know the answer to your query, but thought I would share my 2 cents worth.
I did not use the standard bulbs in mine, I used one from Restoration Supply, their part # is ELE121 and it is a 1680 bulb. It is a direct swap and is very bright. For the stop light I used their ELE064 Halogen bulb and it again is a direct swap and is brighter obviously than the tail lamp. I prefer to be seen well as it is mostly daytime driving and the halogen bulb is quite visible even on sunny days. I also run turn signals through the rear brake lamps and again these work great.
Bob J.

Posted on: 12/19 10:34
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

DM37
See User information
By all accounts, they are the same. I believe the original "B" was for bayonet base, but I cant substantiate that.

All plain designation 63 bulbs seem to fit identically with the correct incandescent amperage at 6V, so you should have no problem.

If you are going for a concourse restoration, then you will go down the incandescent avenue, however I have a faithful "driver" so am choosing to use (and seriously recommend that you consider) LED 6V plug/play replacements...check this link out and consider that (you can pick the temperature/luminescence color so you can get the right "look"):

https://www.ledlight.com/63-led-bulb-7-volt-ba15s-base.aspx

If you go LED on many bulbs, contact me and I can give you the links to headlamp, interior, tail lamp, etc as I went through all that research/crossover stuff and could save you some headache.

I hope this helps. Dan M. (37 Senior Sedan)

Posted on: 12/19 11:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Thanks Bob and Dan. Very helpful and good guidance.

Dan
I will send you a PM. Would Lille to get that info you offered and save me a headache. I am running low on Tylenol!!

Ben

Posted on: 12/19 11:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved