Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 141

Tom (Packin31), humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

What's in a Forum/User name?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Over on the AACA Forums humanpotatohybrid posted under this Forum/User name:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Later another AACA Forum member posted this:

Followed by humanpotatohybrid responding with this:

I'm intrigued to know what humanpotatohybrid means? humanpotatohybrid can you enlighten us?

Note - Click on 2nd image to enlarge it to make it readible.

Posted on: 12/30 15:18
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: What's in a Forum/User name?
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Good question Mal. It's a joke relating to the phrase "couch potato". I believe the first place I used this name on the internet was on Wikipedia. (Could you guess by how often I tend to hyperlink to posts?)

In case you're curious, here's some of my most significant Wikipedia activity. I added quite a bit to the articles regarding holonomic systems:
- Nonholonomic system
- Holonomic constraints
- Pfaffian constraint

I created at least these two articles:
- LCE
- Connor Hotel

And discovered a notable case of "citogenesis". (Look/search most of the way down the page for "Zimbabwe".)

Ok, now I'm curious the origin of others' unusual/random names on here (sorry kevinpackard, Packard Don, BlakesPackards, et al.).

Posted on: 12/30 16:54
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
HPH, more than I ever needed to know.

Posted on: 12/30 18:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Lol, yeah nothing interesting in my username. Always been a fan of your username HPH. Still can't get over the fact that you are 25. I thought I was on the younger end when I got my Packard in my mid 30's. Had hopes to get into it long before that but had to wait my turn.

-Kevin

Posted on: 12/31 2:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I bought my first Packard, a 1939 Six, when I was 16 but that was a long, long (, long, long) time ago before it was even an antique! Now I am. I had to really laugh the first time I saw humanpotatohybrid abbreviated as Spud. My own user name, of course, is straightforward but less obvious is PCHome that I often use in technical programming forums which comes from one of my many domain names, pchome.us, even though I have no site there. I use the domain primarily for email addresses.

Posted on: 12/31 3:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
HPH, all I got to say is 25 sure sounds like a nice age.

I got my introduction to Packard when the folks purchased a 23rd Series in the summer of 1949, I would have been 6, this became my car in 1960 [high school] and much of my hands on Packard knowledge comes from that time. After a time, the Packard got traded on a Triumph TR3 which didn't stay with me too long before being replaced by another Packard and a girl who has kept me around all these years. Still a couple of Packard's in the carport, but not much energy to devote to them these days. Jim, in Boone, NC

Posted on: 12/31 5:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

kevinpackard wrote:
Always been a fan of your username HPH. Still can't get over the fact that you are 25. I thought I was on the younger end when I got my Packard in my mid 30's. Had hopes to get into it long before that but had to wait my turn.

-Kevin

Thanks for the good wishes and stories everyone. Yeah, with the state of the market these days you can get into a project with only a couple grand in your pocket. As long as ya' got a place to put it. Or (like my first) just buy one rough enough that you don't care if it gets some outdoor air.

I'm sure mid-30's is still on the younger end though it's surprising how many younger people do somehow find this hobby. I know a number of the old heads on here got an early start though obviously starting working on Packards in your teens or 20's is a bit different half a century ago than now. One might say: since even professional mechanics hate working on cheap BMW's, I figured I'd find something easier...

Posted on: 1/1 17:38
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved