Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 114

Todd W. White, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

47 Packard Speedster
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/d/charlotte-1947-packard-super-clipper/7724373035.html

The body was customized with boattail speedster-style body work, a folding soft top was installed, and leather upholstery was added. Power is provided by a 356ci inline-eight paired with an overdrive-equipped three-speed manual transmission, and additional equipment includes an Edmonds cylinder head and dual carburetors along with AutoMeter gauges, woodgrain trim, power windows, and power-adjustable front seats.

Attach file:

jpg  47 Packard Speedster_1.jpg (187.63 KB)
1584_65ee04e247a92.jpg 1200X498 px

jpg  47 Packard Speedster_2.jpg (183.75 KB)
1584_65ee04ec32bd7.jpg 1200X526 px

Posted on: 3/10 14:07
 Top  Print   
Wow (1)

Re: 47 Packard Speedster
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
All we need to go with that is a platinum blonde, well-sculpted, and we're good to go.

Posted on: 3/10 22:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Indeed.

Attach file:

jpg  Rita Hayworth.jpg (84.30 KB)
1584_65f5951346464.jpg 736X757 px

Posted on: 3/16 7:48
 Top  Print   
Love (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
This car sold for $92,500 on bringatrailer.com in September 2022. Wondering what's going on.

Posted on: 3/16 20:11
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Maybe a scam? Are the pictures on Craigslist the same ones as on bringatrailer?

Posted on: 3/16 21:05
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

r1lark wrote:
Maybe a scam? Are the pictures on Craigslist the same ones as on bringatrailer?

Oohhhhhhhh... my eyes are hurting again!!!!! This is what happens when originality no longer matters and fantasy is everything. The present generation of folks have no idea what is original. And what is just plain absurd. So thingies get unleashed as purposely-obscure mysteries. And off to auction they go! Ready to be flipped more times than a flapjack pancake on a hot griddle.

So. Nowwww we know what happened with at least one of those leftover Auburn boat-tail kits that no one could give away back in the 1970s. They just doubled-down on the same tail lights and blended the rest into a (gulp!) Packard. Betting that raked-back cut-off windshield is about as steady as a bobble-head doll mounted on Jello. Gotta love the modern GM-look power window switches too. And on and on and on. You'd think that if they went this far, they should have included golf-bag doors on the quarters.

Surely (I hope) no one is taking any of this "Packard" silliness seriously? Really?

As for Rita Hayworth... I have photos taken of Rita and myself standing together in Newport Beach, California in the 1970s. Rita was no "platinum blonde"... but she certainly was a redhead. At the very least, you might get away with calling Miss Hayworth a "strawberry blonde..." but certainly not a "platinum blonde."

Posted on: 3/16 23:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
It's made it onto the AACA Foum in this thread.

Posted on: 3/17 2:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Leeedy makes good points. This wonderful site is for those admiring, owning, rebuilding, servicing Packards. We should ban crapola like the above, rendered by and for twits with no education, or curiosity about the genuine article. By giving butcherers a forum, we imbue their cluelessness with credibility.

This is how we disappear. We contribute to our own demise.

Posted on: 4/29 21:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
I don't know about workmanship, but the thing looks pretty good to me. I wonder if the boat tail isn't made from a 1940s Lincoln hood. I wouldn't call it a Packard; I'd call it a "Packard-based resto-mod". To the modder's credit, it retains its straight eight and most distinguishing Packard interior features. I'd want to extend the belt line chrome trim all the way to the peak of the boat tail. Would I cut up a clean, original Packard to build this? No, but if I had the talent and tools, I'd certainly consider turning something like a damaged or incomplete junior sedan or coupe into a custom roadster. Stylewise, it looks great in profile.

Posted on: 4/29 22:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Whoever built this and from whatever it was made, I agree with TxGoat that it looks good. Certainly banning something like this isn't a solution either. Then you would need to ban Ross and his Packups and remove the entire modification section. Where do you draw the line? Adding disk brakes? Putting in third-party and aftermarket components? Replacing panels with new ones?

Posted on: 4/29 23:16
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved