Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Who is going to be in Warren Ohio next weekend
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
BigKev -

Glad to hear that you'll be coming out. The swap meet is rather sparse, but bring your camera and lots of media as there maybe be several examples of cars with the details you need to further your project.

It's all in close proximity. The show is on the lawn adjacent to and south of the Music Hall. The Museum is adjacent to the Music Hall's parking lot to the north. The swap meet is held on the lawn behind the Museum. You'll only need to park your car once to take it all in, but parking is FREE.

Randy Berger's Four Hundred seems to be the natural gathering point at this event.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 10:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
And we'll be glad to welcome Kev to the eastern Packard Mecca.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Sounds like I need to bring a cooler, except no beer The weather looks good and we should have a good time. I plan on going up Friday and Saturday - may even show up Sunday.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 12:23
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It looked like the Museum and the Music Hall were further away when I Google Mapped it. Glad to hear they are very close and walkable. I am staying at the Park Hotel which is only about a mile or so away.

Looks like the temp is going to be in the Mid 80s. I may have to bring my hat. The sun is not my friend, and I can get a sun burn from a bright lightbulb. Must be the English in me.

I look forward to seeing everyone. I may have to see if I can get a spare battery for my camera so it doesnt run out of juice before I run out of media space.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 19:46
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Hall
See User information
I may be there if I can get the 352 in the blue & white 56GH back together in time. I started out planning only to replace the rear main seal and swap in the Olds oil pump. Then I noticed the loose timing chain, so added that to the list. Then I remembered this car has probably never had the cam reground in its 215,000 or so miles, so I thought may as well do that. I sent three cams to the guy in Effingham, IL and should get them back this coming week. If so, I can probably get her back together with a little midnight oil.

I could also drive the sunglow & white 56GH with the Ultra400 tranny, but am really hoping to take the blue & white.

Don't worry, if I make it, will be sure to park a little distance away from the "real" Packards :)

Joe H

Posted on: 2007/7/14 22:20
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I bought 2 extra batteries, and another 1 gig SD card for my digital camera.

So I should be able take lots of pictures and post them on the website. That way the folks that could not come to the show can enjoy all the wonderful Packards that I am sure will be in attendance.

Now unless the cars are clearly marked as to their model and year (or a find a good tour-guide that wants to walk the show with me), we may have to play the "Identify these Packards" game again after I get them all put online.

Posted on: 2007/7/15 21:23
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
JoeH, you can park next to me if you want. I enjoy talking to people who actually know about their cars and get dirty proving it. We will need to get someone to take a group picture of all the forum participants so Kev can post it here.
Looking forward to a good turnout, not like the rainout we had last year. And thanks Kev for the camera battery heads-up. I'll charge mine tonight.
Mr PB come over and give me a poke in the ribs. I'm sure we have talked before, perhaps at Perrysburg.

Posted on: 2007/7/18 10:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BigKevin: I will be bringing my camera along also. I will be having two sets of fully charged batteries, two compact flash cards 64mb and 128mb. With this combination for me that should be good for about 400 pictues. Since I like to take alot photos, which BH can vouch for, maybe we can around together and take our photos, and help each other in identifing all the Packard there.

To both BH and BIgKevin: I hope to be on he field by 10:30
AM.

Brian: Is there any truth to rumor going around that Peter Hartmann's side kick Two Ton will be there.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/7/19 6:03
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well guys I am about half way to Warren.

I am sitting in DFW waiting for my connection to Cleveland. A few hours on actual company business during the day tomorrow, and I hope to be in Warren by dinner time.

I have three batteries for the camera, a 128mb card and a 1 gig card. So in high quality mode (2048x1680) I can take about 600 pictures. I could take around 2,000 picture in 1024x768. But I think that I would have toasted all 3 batteries way before then. It's all about the amount of flash needed. I like to take pics in the higher quality, as then I can crop and resize as needed on the important stuff in the picture.

Posted on: 2007/7/19 15:45
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I could find no evidence of orangutan tracks in the area.

Ya think its safe to bring the '56 Patrician Inline Twelve out of hiding?

Posted on: 2007/7/19 16:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Pretty clammy weather here this week, but we finally got a good soaking rain going today.

Supposed to be some sprinkles going into Friday (early), but looks to be shaping up for a nice weekend, with blue skies, pleasant temps and low humidity - perfect weather for a car show!

Posted on: 2007/7/19 16:21
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved