Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 102

BigKev, tsherry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: anybody know proper tire pressure on a 1929 6.5-20 tire?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Spencer B.
See User information
So, where does one get new tires for their 28 Packard these days? (Mine is a 443) I don’t know just how old mine are but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been on there since the car was restored in the late 80s.

Posted on: 4/17 20:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Karl
See User information
..... sorry for intervening here... but since it's on topic......
Does anyone know the specific tire pressure for the 33x5 Goodrich Silvertown Cord? My Packard service manual generally says 50 psi for front tires and 55 psi for rear tires. Does this apply to all tires that were on the market at the time?

Posted on: 4/19 6:44
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

Spencer B. wrote:
So, where does one get new tires for their 28 Packard these days? (Mine is a 443) I don’t know just how old mine are but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been on there since the car was restored in the late 80s.

I'd imagine Coker or Universal Tire would have the correct style tires. I know Coker has an application menu on their website when you tell it what car you have and they let you know what tires "should" fit. It came back with the correct size on my 37.

Posted on: 4/19 6:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Concerning tire pressure:
Owner's manual or shop manual pressures for your specific year and model and body style should apply to any brand tire of the same construction and size as original equipment. I tire pressure specs usually assume a full passenger load, with tire pressure checked cold. Later models with "balloon" tires on drop center rims often had very low tire pressure recommendations, such as 22 PSI for 1937 120 coupes. Adding 10% to that is probably a good idea. Earlier cars with "clincher' type tires and rims had higher pressures specified, usually 50 PSI or more, and it is not safe to reduce the recommended pressure by any significant amount with clincher type tires and rims.

Posted on: 4/19 9:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved