Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: YOUR FAVORITE PACKARD ACTIVITY
Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
I love the adventuring like packardv8 said. Cruising the roads looking for old iron tucked away behind barns and under tarps.

I really enjoy car shows because i love seeing peoples faces when i tell them that its MY car. plus i enjoy seeing the cars and showing mine. Im the only Packard at any of the local shows so i end up answering a lot of questions.

Plus, i just enjoy cruising to friends houses and around the towns.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 15:28
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
MikeC. I don't care much for city driving, but try a little bit of inner city driving once or twice a year. Usualy during day time hours between 10am and 3 pm. U'll be suprised at what may turn up. Best to go alone.

Everyone thinks there is gold in the rural barns and fence rows. Nearly all of my best finds have been in urban areas.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 20:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
city driving isnt much fun, but there is alot there!

there isnt much city near me, but theres still stuff tucked away everywhere. my "old iron radar' is the stuff of local legend!

Posted on: 2009/5/28 13:45
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Mine is getting my car painted by local artists.

I got a call by a local artist who does the paintings for the local Concours posters. He said he had painted my car in a 24x30 watercolor and told me where I could see it.

Attach file:

jpg  (144.81 KB)
793_4a1f556204185.jpg 796X1024 px

Posted on: 2009/5/28 22:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
tbirdman wrote: Mine is getting my car painted by local artists......

Ken,

It's a great picture, you must be very proud to see your car featured.

And here's a link over to a thread in the AACA Packard Forum, Ken's no stranger to this sort of thing.http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/586478/1

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:41
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Actually regarding that other painting, the website is not up anymore and the owner didn't return my calls. I tried to contact him as his prices seem very reasonable or at least in the range I was willing to pay.

However while searching for the artist I came across this site for greeting cards. He is selling greeting card with my car on the front.

I customized the inside of the car with the spec of my car, delivery date etc plus my contact info. I bought 25 of them. I thought if it be something fun to handout if I met someone interested in the card. However at $2.50 a card, I'm going be very selective to whom I hand them out to. It's probably too general for a Xmas card, but would be neat for invitation to a Packard or old car gathering.

Posted on: 2009/5/30 1:49
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved