Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 124

29tons, Karl, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

YOUR FAVORITE PACKARD ACTIVITY
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I, for one, hate car shows. They are hot, boring and usually braggadocios in nature (Cadillac guys anyway)! But I really love touring, in fact we plan and organize our summer around our favorite old car tours. Everyone on the tours I attend are genuinely interested in helping fellow tourers if trouble occurs along the way. And, we visit very interesting sights and eat very well! It's heaven on earth! What do you like to do in your Packard?

Posted on: 2009/5/26 20:08
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print 

Re: YOUR FAVORITE PACKARD ACTIVITY
Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
attend regional club meetings, and tour. the members of both my packard clubs are like extended family! i love to spend time with them!

Posted on: 2009/5/26 20:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Not sure what anyone means by touring. Does that mean with a group of other cars???? That's ok for short jaunts.

My personal preference is driving on open hiway or interstate for long hauls of 30 to 200 miles in any direction. Mostly site seeing. Just to get out and go to fleamarkets, look at cars or m/c's for sale, chase down some new aquisitions that i often pass on, and just general ADVENTURE even if i don't discover anything new. But i usually do discover something new.

I always prefer take a GF with me but every once in a while just to get away by myself.

Driving a nice car or mc that is UNUSUAL or out of the ordinary tends to open up many new adventures that just can not be had with more common fine cars. Strangers met along the way are more likely to be amiable and less inhibited than usual. After all, just exactly what kind of mal-intent could one ever have driving a car that would be so easy to trace or describe or pick up on an APB???? So any car like the Packard tends to put the mind of the passing world at ease even if just for a few momments.

It is the intrigue and the adventure that is most often maximized when done in a different form from what the ordinary man has the resources for.

I challenge ANY man ANYWHERE with ANY car at least 80% stock and over 30 years old to keep up with me in My 56 Exec. Year-in. Year-out.

ADVENTURE AND INTRIGUE !!! Enjoy the ride.

Posted on: 2009/5/26 20:36
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
I'd have to go with trying not to break it.

Posted on: 2009/5/26 21:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Touring. Well I heard a definition a few years ago that explained touring pretty well. "Touring is the longest route between two ice cream shops!" I remember touring on a rural countryside once when we stopped at a nice little dairy whip on the banks of a river near a bridge. Well after the banana splits were gone, we headed along the river in the opposite direction from the bridge, traveled about ten miles to the next bridge and crossed. We doubled back along the same river only on the other side about ten miles back until, you guessed it, we came on another dairy whip almost across the river from the first one! Twenty miles . . . two banana splits! Mmmmmmmm!
I tour mostly with the VMCCA. Usually our tours are a week or so and hub out from one lodge. My local chapter hosts an annual tour out of Defiance, Ohio in early August called the Three Rivers Antique Car Run which we limit to 110 pre-war cars. This is our 16th year and has become a sort of reunion of old car friends from about 15 or 16 eastern states.
Near the end of August, my wife and I are going on the Old US 27 Tour from Coldwater, Michigan to Cheboygan (point to point) across the state. We're also touring in and around New Castle, Indiana for a week in June on our local club tour called the Farm Boys. We expect about 50 cars.

Posted on: 2009/5/26 21:19
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I enjoy attending local cruises with friends - regardless of their cars. Weather permitting I attend three local cruises a week.
I really enjoy going to the Packard Museum and seeing friends that many years I only see once. I also have really had a great week going on two PAC tours. The camaraderie and very well-planned week was a true vacation. If you get the chance, make sure you go on one.
The cars are great - the people greater.
edit Reading the post following mine I realized he was right and I had not noted how much I enjoy reading Packardinfo. Participating in this forum is also one of my favorite Packard activities.

Posted on: 2009/5/26 21:34
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I personally enjoy collecting spare parts that I will likely never use for my car. There is always that next little knickknack that will be the last thing I will need; till the next part comes along. I like many of the people I have met who are involved in Packards. I like fixing things that only appear to cause problems on my particular car.
It's always nice to read the latest on PackardInfo.com, almost a guilty pleasure!
But most of all, my most favorite Packard activity is chauffeuring my wife about, or as I often put it, "Driven Ms. Debbie". You see, it is really her car!

Posted on: 2009/5/27 1:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
That's an interesting point. Of our three cars, one is in my wife's name too and I enjoy "driving Miss Jeannie." Interestingly, we sought a pre-war Clipper for its riding comfort to be able to participate in those tours. She has RA and her old '27 Pontiac just became much too uncomfortable on the day-long drives over less-than-perfect roads. But as much as I keep telling her that I wanted that car for her, somehow she still thinks it was just another excuse for buying another old car....

Posted on: 2009/5/27 6:09
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
I enjoy the hunt for parts. It is like a scavenger hunt, except it never ends. The challenge of digging through parts bins, junk yards, long forgotten back roads looking for cars next to barns, etc. I've got parts for cars I never owned (& probably never will) because I found them, knew what they were with delusions of selling at a swap meet someday.

I also enjoy driving the cars.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 10:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Right now Block Sanding :)

Posted on: 2009/5/27 12:11
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved