Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
315 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 312

BigKev, 2T300RE, James Kallman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

My Packard Stories #1 - Temora Air Show
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Some years ago our club. The Packard Automobile Club of Australia Inc, had a weekend run to attend an air show in country New South Wales at Temora. At the time I wrote a story, about the weekend and the Packards in attendance, which is reproduced below.If there's any interest I've got plenty more Packard run/rally stories I can share in the future. If this was "of interest" let me know and I'll publish more stories. The story originally appeared in our club magazine, but that has a very limited circulation, this way it should reach a much wider audience.

EDIT - I see that in transferring over the story, it has "lost" some of it's formatting, sorry.

Attach file:

doc Temora Aviation Museum.doc Size: 6,684.50 KB; Hits: 95

Posted on: 6/2 17:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: Temora Air Show
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Growing up with both vintage cars and older airplanes, I loved the story! In fact, it mentioned a Fairchild 24 and one of the planes that I helped restore was a 1935 Fairchild F24 with a Warner radial engine.

Posted on: 6/2 20:20
 Top  Print   

Re: My Packard Stories #1 - Temora Air Show
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...I see that in transferring over the story, it has "lost" some of it's formatting, sorry.

Mal, the following won't require a computer nerd. I think you could solve the formatting problem by opening the documents in MS Word (they do this by themselves by double-clicking on the files) and saving them as a PDF document after opening (File -> Save As -> *.pdf).

To quote Microsoft: "You can use the Office programs to save or convert your files to PDFs so that you can share them .... And you won’t need any other software or add-ins. Use PDF format when you want a file that:

Looks the same on most computers.

Has a smaller file size."

Posted on: 6/3 8:24
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I can directly open the Word documents on my iPad where I do most of my PackardInfo.com viewing but oddly I can’t open PDFs posted in the forums even though those in the Literature section open just fine! In the forum postings, I am forced to save the file first, then I have to drill down to it in the Files app and open it that way.

Posted on: 6/3 11:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Don (Packard Don), there are half a dozen conversion programs to convert PDF to MS Word.
Sorry Mal, this thread revolves around the Temora Air Show. Don't alarm the Spitfires, please.

Posted on: 6/3 13:01
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
there are half a dozen conversion programs to convert PDF to MS Word.

I know but that wasn’t the point although perhaps I wasn’t too clear. The point was that I CAN open the MS Word files on my iPad but I cannot directly open the PDFs without first downloading them but it’s only the PDFs in the forums with the issue. As a techie and Web programmer myself, I don’t see a reason why that might be unless one area loads them differently than the other area. Anyway, keep the Word files coming so that I can enjoy the stories!

Posted on: 6/3 20:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote:Quote:
...I see that in transferring over the story, it has "lost" some of it's formatting, sorry.

Mal, the following won't require a computer nerd. I think you could solve the formatting problem by opening the documents in MS Word (they do this by themselves by double-clicking on the files) and saving them as a PDF document after opening (File -> Save As -> *.pdf).

To quote Microsoft: "You can use the Office programs to save or convert your files to PDFs so that you can share them .... And you won’t need any other software or add-ins. Use PDF format when you want a file that:

Looks the same on most computers.

Has a smaller file size."

Gerd,

I'm intimidated by technology, so I'll probably leave things alone. Even your assurance that it'e easily fixible can't help me ovrecome my fears. Sorry

Quote:
Packard Don wrote:.......keep the Word files coming so that I can enjoy the stories!

Glad you're enjoying the stories Don, another coming up soon.

Posted on: 6/4 0:55
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved