Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
170 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Member Passing.
Just popping in
Just popping in

JT
See User information
It is with great sadness that I inform you of BH passing away. He was a lifetime friend and and a very involved member to this group. I acquired his collection of Packard's and an extensive collection of parts. I will be cataloging all the parts and NOS sheet metal over the next several months and will be parting with unneeded parts.

JT

Posted on: 7/14 11:23
 Top  Print   
Hug (1)

Re: Member Passing.
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Very sad to hear. My condolences. 😢

https://www.loutzenhiserfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/brian-harpst

If you need help identifying parts, you can just post clear pictures here (I would make a separate thread) and I'm sure people will chime in.

Posted on: 7/14 12:00
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Very sorry to hear this. As many may know, a few years ago Brian was the member who took on the tremendous amount of work to compile and then link the pertinent service bulletins and counselor articles by year and subject so Kev could start building the service index many of us use frequently today. He also went thru some of his literature to compiled by year the few sales RPO codes that are posted on site. I knew his mom and dads passing was hard but didn't realize he had a stroke to contend with too. May he rest in peace.

Posted on: 7/14 13:51
Howard
 Top  Print   
Hug (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Very sorry to hear of your loss, John, which is a loss to all of us. While I didn't know Brian personally, I know of his great work here on this site. He is very much appreciated and will be long remembered.

Posted on: 7/14 14:25
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sorry to hear of Brian's passing. I wasn't aware he was in poor health.

I had dinner with him many years ago while in Warren after a car show. And he was an early contributor here to the website.

Posted on: 7/14 14:57
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
JT, thanks. I read your message shaking my head and feeling sad. I wondered why Brian hadn't written anything since the spring.

Quote:

HH56 wrote:
...Brian was the member who took on the tremendous amount of work to compile and then link the pertinent service bulletins and counselor articles by year and subject so Kev could start building the service index many of us use frequently today. He also went thru some of his literature to compiled by year the few sales RPO codes that are posted on site...

How true! Brian Harpst, who has been here since year one, supported BigKev in implementing various website features. He made several dozen books and brochures from his private collection available to the general public in the Literature Archive and sorted and linked various Build Sheets and Production Code Charts.
I'll think of you, Brian. Please say hi to Randy when you meet him up there.

Click to see original Image in a new window
BigKev, Mr. PB, Randy, and Brian (BH) at the 2007 Warren, OH show

Posted on: 7/14 14:59
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
BH was a great source of Packard information . When I had question on my work with Randy's Caribbean he was always ready to help. Just had talked to him on phone maybe month ago said he had been having problems but was home getting therapy and doing well. Will miss his help and information which he had and was willing to share. A example was when working on Caribbean was looking where power seat switch was located thinking it was on side of seat like most cars. I called and he said he was not sure but would check his car which was at off site storage . The next day he called and told me of location good Paxkard guy will miss him. Him and Randy will be together discussing Packards watching us head in right direction as per factory correct.
https://www.loutzenhiserfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/brian-harpst

Posted on: 7/15 8:40
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved