Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
54 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 54

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Reproduction 1929 Packard hood ornament
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi all,
I am fortunate enough to have an original 1929 "Deluxe" hood ornament for the model 645 Seven Passenger Sedan I am restoring. The attached picture on the wood base is the original. This ornament is also known as the "flying lady" and/or "donut pusher". I decided to have a pewter casting made of my ornament because the original is made of "white metal" and like every other component of the car made of this zinc based alloy, it will eventually crumble.

I am offering copies of the casting for sale. If anyone is interested, please "private message" me. The photos here do not demonstrate the quality of the original or the casting. I would be happy to email detailed jpegs of both items so you can see the level of detail. I have had numerous parts of my car reproduced in pewter (lap robe handle bar ends, footrests, gas cap, fuel sending unit) and they plate and hold up wonderfully. The casting method involves a silicone rubber mold which faithfully reproduces all the detail and the cast is the exact same size as the original. I am also willing to have copies made of the other items I mention, on request.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Yesterday 18:21
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved