Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Here's your oppertunity! save Mecca from the wreckers ball!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information

Posted on: 2007/7/16 13:58
 Top  Print   

Re: Here's your oppertunity! save Mecca from the wreckers ball!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Pushbutton: You made a statement the other day in another thread about the AACA forum being deadsville and Packard people coming to this forum.

Brian stated some of the reasons why the AACA forum is in on the ropes. Just sit back and look at what information and technical help the AACA provides for Packard people.

The PAC website offers some useful information when it comes to model identification, but lacks a good forum and there is no technical help when a problem comes up with our Packards. Look and compare and see what the others have to offer, and then you see why the Packard people are flocking to this site.

There are other reasons why the AACA forum is DOA. If you do come to Warren this weekend we can talk about those person to person. That conversion can take place after we talk about another matter.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/7/17 6:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It's real simple why people are coming here. This site is more suited to the needs of it's members, plain and simple. There's more information here, already, than on any other "Packard" site I've ever seen, including mine. (Which is why I'm here, too.)

Posted on: 2007/7/17 13:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
All of this is well and good, but I started this thread to discuss the fact that the East Grand Boulevard Packard plant is for sale. See the above link

Posted on: 2007/7/17 13:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Sorry John. I wonder who's gonna buy it and what are they going to do with it? If I could win the lottery, it'd make a nice museum. I wish someone would do something with it, before I drive up there and dig that nice big carved "P A C K A R D" stone out of the top of the main entrance for installation in the garage I eventually end up with.

Posted on: 2007/7/18 12:53
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

51Packardguy
See User information
There is some great footage on You Tube ( or however u spell that) of the factory, even one of the videographer getting his windows smashed and shot at by apparent security guards.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 14:07
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved