Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Clunkers for cash passes US House
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information

Posted on: 2009/6/9 19:43
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Re: Clunkers for cash passes US House
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Well, if there's a silver lining, this one's aimed at cars 1984 and newer--or cars with a resale or trade in value lower than the coupon amount. Will certainly put a crimp in some affordable transportation & dry up used parts, but can't think of too many cars most consider collectibles now or future that fall into that category.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 20:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Most of the collectible rides from that era are either still worth that much or are efficient enough. I.E.- corvettes, mustangs, etc.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 21:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The one to be concerned about is the Senate version our esteemed senator from Calif is proposing. Reading the article about passage on CNN money, hers appears to be a version of one they tried to enact out here that pretty much goes after ALL old cars the EPS or associated agencies deem inefficient or polluters. If that version is successful and the two bills get reconciled, then all bets are off as to our collector cars.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 22:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
In Germany there has been such an incentive since about the beginning of the year. 2500 Euro when you buy a new or 1 year old car, and scrap a car that is 9 years or older, and has been registered in your name for the last year.
The small (cheaper) car market has benifited from this, but the more luxurios marks (BMW, and Daimler) have not seen so much benefit. -There is no tie to mileage, only Emission levels.
I bought a cheap car for 700? 2 years ago, saved my money and am now buying a new car, so I like the incentive. I don't think it really causes valuable or collector cars to be taken off the street.
The used car market really takes a hit though. All the used car values took a real dive since this incentive has been implemented. People also say mechanics are hit also, since there will be less old cars to fix. Used/Cheap cars are now a dime a dozen here.
-Tobs

Posted on: 2009/6/10 12:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved