Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 231

todd landis, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Proving Grounds Update
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Someone within the last month or so asked about the status of the ownership of the Packard Proving Grounds, and the acquisition of the remaining 6.88 acres. The attached excerpt from the current report answers that question.

Again, preservation and restoration of this site should be extremely important to Packard fans and should merit our contributions, large and small.

Attach file:

jpg  (85.26 KB)
177_4a3114d9befce.jpg 757X658 px

Posted on: 2009/6/11 9:30
 Top  Print   

Re: Proving Grounds Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I was surprised and pleased to receive a copy of the Spring 2009 The "Packard Proving Grounds News Report". I think it is especially well done. I sure enjoyed reading about the activities at the proving grounds. I don't know how long this report has been published, but would like to continue receiving it. My brothers and I "bought" an Elm tree in memory of our father, and I have made donations to the foundation. Unlike the factory site, the proving grounds acquisition and improvements are moving along quite nicely. It is a great monument to the company. Anyone else get their first copy of the report? Please donate to the foundation. Bud Juneau, I don't know if you are responsible for this mailing, but thanks if you are.

Posted on: 2009/6/11 9:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've donated regularly and been receiving the report for several years now. I suspect that in addition to "interested parties" and major forces in the hobby, those who have made contributions are placed on the mailing list, and I'm really glad to hear you're among them. I hope to make one of the open houses this year or next, though I'd probably fly out rather than drive a Packard that far.

Posted on: 2009/6/11 10:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
For those not involved with my other hobby, Richard Kughn was the president of Lionel, the toy train company. He brought that company back to life and his museum Carrail was the combination of cars and trains. And two friends actually worked for Kughn on the automotive side. He had many fine automobiles, but I liked his 56 Caribbean. I also support the Proving Ground project and think it very worth while.
It also gives me an opportunity to post a pic of my grandson, which is the reason for my vacation in Minnesota, and my other hobby which is the reason I am always broke. The picture was obviously taken long ago as Ty is now 18.
I, on the other hand, haven't aged a bit.

Attach file:

jpg  (65.36 KB)
23_4a3133e4d142d.jpg 880X624 px

Posted on: 2009/6/11 11:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Nice trains, Randy!

Posted on: 2009/6/11 12:01
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
whats pulling randy? dad has a 2625 that's been in the fam since the 40's

Posted on: 2009/6/11 18:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved