Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
48 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 46

William Grosz, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Vapor lock
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
----OR-----

You could take that time and energy and make certain that every component in the fuel supply chain is in tip-top condition per Owen Dyneto's excellent list and not have to deal with the problem. Every system on a car is only as good as the weakest link. I tend to look at all parts of the system when I encounter problems. It's the way to make a car reliable, and hence, enjoyable.

Posted on: 2009/7/9 11:02
 Top  Print   

Re: Vapor lock
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Trog
See User information
Well, yesterday after just 20 miles and radiator running cool, while I did not experience vapor lock, the fuel in the filter bowl inlet to the carburetor was intensly bubbling (this was on a 1954 non-Packard). I had a generator light come and when I lifted the hood was quite surprised. I have since rerouted the fuel line well away from the exhaust manifold.

Posted on: 2009/7/12 15:05
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved