Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 111

winger, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Historical Car Paints from DuPont
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Courtesy of my daughter, Katrina, here is a site for Packard and other auto paints. These were paints supplied by DuPont only. No other manufacturer's paints are shown.

http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/servlet/com.dpc.hcl.search.HclSearchServlet?browsePath=Domestic+Cars%2FPackard%2FPAC+1948&Operation=102&carRegion=1&carType=Packard

I don't know how to get this into the Paint X-Reference, or even if it belongs there.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2009/7/1 11:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Historical Car Paints from DuPont - 2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
The address for the DuPont colors is much longer than appears on my first post. Here is it again, writ by hand!

http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/servlet/com.dpc.hcl.search.HclSearchServlet?browsePath=Domestic+Cars%2FPackard%2FPAC+1948&Operation=102&carRegion=1&carType=Packard

http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/servlet/com.dpc.hcl.search.HclSearchServlet?browsePath=Domestic+Cars%2FPackard%2FPAC+1948%
Operation=102&carRegion=1&carType=Packard

Hope this comes through.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2009/7/1 11:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Historical Car Paints from DuPont - 3
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Well, it didn't come through. Let's try it without the http:// and see if it will work.

pc.dupont.com/hcl/servlet/com.dpc.hcl.search.HclSearchServlet?browsePath=Domestic+Cars%2FPackard%2FPAC+1948&Operation=102&carRegion=1&carType=Packard

Bernardi

Posted on: 2009/7/1 11:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Historical Car Paints from DuPont - 3
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The link in your first post seems to work fine.

Note the ellipses (...) that appear in the links displayed in some of your posts. I believe that the forum software processes the URL that you entered to display a shortened version on-screen to save space, but the full URL is retained behind the scenes for full functionality.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 12:25
 Top  Print   

Re: Historical Car Paints from DuPont
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
bernardi, the first link worked for me too. I checked the 1937 colors and the Packard Cream looks much like the color on my 115C. I also checked the 1947 colors and the Cavalier Maroon looks much darker than the color on my Clipper. Great site, thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 14:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Never trust color chips on any website. There are many things at play. How well the scanner scanned it, any image compression and color shifting due to the file format, and also how your individual monitor displays the color, and the ambient light in the room. Online chips should only be used for "general" comparison.

I can tell you that the 1954 Chip Sheet looks very washed out compared to the original DuPont Chip sheet I have in my hand right now.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 15:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I got a kick out of the color chip for the '50 Packard "Maumee Maize". I don't think I've ever seen a Packard in the color shown (and I don't really want to). Maybe it's just my monitor ...

Posted on: 2009/7/1 17:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Is there a reliable place to buy original chips, or does someone have one they'll 'rent' to me so I can get my two colors created? I need the light green bottom and dark green top that was a standard two-tone color set for 1952.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 19:48
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Carl:

Try E-bay I have seen several out there.

Posted on: 2009/7/2 8:38
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved