Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 233

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Spares for Touring
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Here is a pic of my 56 Exec trunk with nearly all of the things mentioned above. About half of the items could be stored in more out-of-the-way places. Common mechanix hand tools are packed tight into the black brief case laying flat on the floor of trunk, 1.5 inch rope 30 feet long in blue dufflebag. misc. bulbs, dash bezel tool, coil, points, cap etc are in black doctors bag. 2wo fold up lawn chairs in green bag in case i need to take a break or become a spectator of some off-the-wall event.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.11 KB)
35_4a67a5b425c20.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
A good compact jack to carry is a reduction gear sizzors jack. I have only one i carry it in the Packard. I think it's rated for 3 tons. HEAVY, but only about the size of a 12 pack of beer. In the other vehilces i carry the small cheap trolly jacks.

I have to be prepared. Usualy it's just me and a hen out and about and often at nite in desolate areas. I even carry a jib (cabled and locked) in the pic-ups. Note 2wo lawn cahirs on the right. I like compact fold-up lawn chairs.

Attach file:

jpg  (39.72 KB)
35_4a67a9c645067.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
This may sound silly, But no one mentioned carrying a list of what was in the car.I am also assuming that these items stay in the car?Seems to me that list should be in the glove box or tool box.I for one would most likely in the stress of the moment of break down forget what I have.As always great food for thought all! BHW

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
As for the Push Button element of diagnosis, i think that a large hand drawn wireing diagram in color so it is easier to follow under adverse circumstances would be sufficient.

Usualy, when a failure of any type occurs, the high priority issue is to patch or override the problem JUST LONG ENUF to get the car to 'friendlier surrondings' for a final or better interim repair.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
BRILLIANT idea BRian!!!! Only problem is that unless the list is written on a dollar bill i'd wind up loosing it. But, then agian, if it's written on a dollar bill then Jez would probably spend it.

A good idea would be to come up with some standard conventions. Such standard conventions eventualy would become memmorized
or accessible via DingleBerry? Technology.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
This is why,Pac V-8 I suggest the glove box!Do people ever really empty the glove box? BHW

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Please forgive me, I have no idea what Dingleberry Tech is. BHW

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THe glove box?????? The GF keeps it packed full of her items. It's always been that way. I rarely if ever open it. I'm afarid to open it.

Have u never heard of BlackBerry? Technology ?????
Dingle is similar.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Then mores the reason the list will be there!Don't ya think!She will find it! Just tell her to "save it." for you.You wont even have to go in there till needed!( If ever.)Even then she will do it.As for the Tech. That would be a no.There is a limit on the technology i will allow to encroach upon on my life.Cell phones is one.Not now,not ever BHW

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Pay close attention to some of your private emails. U mite see "Sent by my BlackBerry?" at the end of the email.

It is a web based protocol that allows I'Net access from cellulite phones and PDA's and other mobil hand held such items. And therefore allows emails to be sent from Cell phones too.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 20:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved