Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

New Packard Owner here
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

51Packardguy
See User information
Hey fellow Packard lovers , I found this site by accident, as I was looking up Packard info. I just bought a 51 300 4 door, with the Ultramatic and 327. I didn't pay much for this car, it is all there and straight, and was running and driving till about a year or 2 ago. I was wondering where I could find an estimated value for this car. I plan on keeping it for a long time, but am curious as to its value. Thanks. Also I am probably going to sell my 1968 Chrysler New Yorker that I have had for 10 years to help finance the restoration of the Packard. It is a sacrifice, but one I am willing to make. If you know of anyone who would be interested in the New Yorker point them my direction. Thanks.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 11:57
 Top  Print 

Re: New Packard Owner here
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Welcome Aboard
This is the very best Packard site I've found. Everyone here is great and not afraid to put in their 2 cents worth.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 12:21
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

51Packardguy
See User information
Thats awesome. It will be great to have a good resource to ask questions too, and just visit with about Packards

Posted on: 2007/8/9 12:29
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
51Packardguy,

I second Ron's welcome. There are a lot of people here willing to give advice and the value of their experiences with their Packards.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 15:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I can't help with any values, but welcome to the Best Damn Packard Site Just kidding, all the Packard sites have value to offer and you should look at all of them and refresh them constantly. We are all willing to help as are the other Packard forums.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 19:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
51 Packardguy: A big welcome to you from a fellow high pockets owner. I have a 1953 300 series. Here are a few pictures of my Packard in the garage up on jackstands.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (49.89 KB)
105_46bbbcc06fdc6.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (33.10 KB)
105_46bbbd21c108a.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2007/8/9 20:17
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

51Packardguy
See User information
Great pics and thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. I had hoped to get the car at least started this week, but my mechanic friend and I decided it was way too hot ( around 100 degrees) so we will wait till it cools off a little. I put some pics of it on the restoration forum. Again thanks for the welcome.

Posted on: 2007/8/10 20:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Glenn: It has been really hot and humid here in Central Penna.
I have been working in some very hot weather the last couple of weeks remodeling my garage. That is the reason you see all the crap around the Packard and the electrical hanging in the picture. After this Saturday I will have all the insulating and remodeling work done on the inside of my garage. Then I don't care how hot it gets outside. I will be able to turn on the ac and two box fans, and keep the place pretty comfortable to work in, no matter how hot it is outside.

The last thing I will do come this fall, is to install the electric base board in the garage. So it will be nice and warm this winter.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/8/10 21:08
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

51Packardguy
See User information
Sounds like quite a project, but one that is well worth it. I have a garage, but because of where the door is I cannot fit a large car in it. I am working on a solution for it, but none as of yet. I used to live in New England, so I know how cold the winters are there, so the insulation will be a blessing.

Posted on: 2007/8/10 21:35
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Randy -

Quote:
...welcome to the Best Damn Packard Site Just kidding...

You may be closer to the truth than you think. This site has grown tremendously over the past year, and I'll be uploading a bunch of V8 content this winter. Also, I was composing a PM today, and when I went to look up an address, I saw that number of registered members have surpassed the 300 milestone.

Though past performance is no guarantee of future outcomes, I've no doubt that PackardInfo.com will be the PREMIERE website and forum for Packard enthusaists for years to come. It sets a new standard that enthusiasts of others marques should aspire to.

Hat's off to every one who contributes to this site and participates in these Forums!

Posted on: 2007/8/12 9:59
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved