Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 211

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Mayfair finished
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I finally got my Mayfair back together today after a fresh respray, and thought I'd share some photos.......

Attach file:

jpg  (55.82 KB)
564_4a8f5b937886a.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (48.09 KB)
564_4a8f5bab4a196.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (45.27 KB)
564_4a8f5bcbd7c7f.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (45.32 KB)
564_4a8f5bfc0ffac.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (47.89 KB)
564_4a8f5c32af425.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (17.02 KB)
564_4a8f5c5426d5b.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (35.34 KB)
564_4a8f5c7306838.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/8/21 21:48
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Re: Mayfair finished
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Very nice and I like your choices of all the more desirable different year features--although I only see 2 that really stand out. Will be interesting to hear the reactions from the "keep it original" guys but I pity the future restorer who sees a picture and trys to duplicate so his car is "correct".

Posted on: 2009/8/21 22:03
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Looking really good. I like it with the '54 Senior Hood Ornament and Headlight rings!

Posted on: 2009/8/21 22:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
WOW!! She's a Duesy!!...well you know what I mean.

I love the color,you really did a great job. Congratulations!

Posted on: 2009/8/21 22:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I just love controversy
You're right, I used the styling features I like from '53 (cormorant and trunk handle) and '54 (headlight benzels) for my '52. As far as correctness, I'm all for keeping things original too (drivetrain, etc) but I like to keep people guessing. Hey, you diehard Packard guys are probably the only ones who will even notice!
The colors are Turquoise Blue Light and Packard Ivory; the car was born Twilight Taupe (L) and Matator Maroon (U) but later the lower was sprayed an incorrect ivory. She begged to become a turquoise gem! Besides Turquoise Blue Light, the only other color correct with the red interior is Sunset Red, but what do I care about correctness! (ha)
By the way, there is plenty of documentation for future restorations to get it right if that's what they want.

Posted on: 2009/8/21 22:27
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
The changes migt not please the "Pebble Beach crowd",but the 250 looks good.Nice car.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 10:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
How about some pics of the interior? Our 52 Mayfair had that beautiful burgundy dash. It was sunset red and twilight taupe. The interior was dark red leather and grey nylon. Although I like originality, your upgrades are still 51-54 Packard. I also like the four "vents" on the rear quarter. We only had three and I always thought the Patrician looked longer with the four.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 10:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
WOW! Beautiful.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 11:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My congratulations! Very, very attractive. The Mayfair/Pacific, Caribbean aside, is my favorite body style of the 51-54 era. Like Randy said, I'd like to see a few interior photos.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 15:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I'll try to get some interior photos for y'all. I haven't done anything to the interior...its the original red leather and cream nylon. I have one small moth hole in the headliner, but its not bad enough (yet) to bother me.
On the side vents (bottle openers), it had four per side when I bought it in 2000. Some say it was a dealer "upgrade" or option. Who knows??

Posted on: 2009/8/22 18:08
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved