Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 145

BigKev, Gary Kulp, Tobs, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Have trouble finding a replacement carpet
Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
I am having trouble finding a similar carpet for my 1955 Clipper Custom 4 door. Either the company has a carpet, but it is not a great replacement, or they do not manufacture the carpet. The closet replacement we can find is a Daytona Weave. Any thought on who or where we can get a similar carpet?

Posted on: 2009/9/4 10:52
 Top  Print   

Re: Have trouble finding a replacement carpet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't know if 55 and 56 shared the same carpet material and perhaps some of the colors, but if so the 1956 material has been reproduced and you can buy it in bulk from Neil Porter, or premade kits from Dwight Heinmuller. Just check any recent copy of PAC's bulletin for more details.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 11:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Have you tried Dwight Heinmullerhttp://packardparts.org/ He is advertising senior carpets (not cheap) in the latest Cormorant News Bulletin. Might be worth an email to see if he has anything that might work or be appropriate in the Clipper.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 11:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Thanks for the information. I tried the Dwight Heinmuller website, but he does not have carpets listed.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 11:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
All:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is it about the correct '55 or '56 carpet material, besides color, that makes it so hard to come by? What are the differences between materials for '55 vs. '56 and Junior versus Senior?

I've heard of all sorts of carpet materials being offered: Wilton, Hogshair, Tuxedo, Salt-n-Pepper, etc. Apparently, Daytona weave is OE for 55-56-57 Chevies. What is the correct material for Packards? Is the carpet material offered in sets by Kanter not correct?

Perhaps we can expand this discussion even beyond the V8 cars.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 11:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
customclipper55 wrote:........my 1955 Clipper Custom 4 door.......

G'day and to PackardInfo.

Sorry can't help with your query but here's a request of you. Could you please include your '55 Clipper Custom in the Owner Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2009/9/4 14:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
I tried the Dwight Heinmuller website, but he does not have carpets listed.

Correct--The carpets are not listed on his website. You will have to send an inquiry email to his link at the bottom of page. In the Aug Cormorant News Bulletin his ad reads: For all 1955 and 1956 Senior cars KarastanⓇdense twisted pile with Stainmaster. Excellent matches for Packard colors: blue-gray, brown, green, blue, red, black. Sets are cut, bound, and ready to install---------- and goes on to list details of models and prices and options.

The bulk carpet in limited supply is available from Neil Porter who, I believe, had a special run made when doing his car. I do not know if it is the same stuff Heinmuller is using or if it is the same weave as was in Clippers. There are different part numbers between senior and Clippers but that could be size, weave or color or all 3.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 17:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Neals carpet is an exact reproduction for the 1956 senior cars. All of a sudden I see it advertised for 1955 also. I supplied the green sample from my 1956 400 to Neal so he could have it duplicated. The 1955 junior carpet is not as plush and is a loop. I do not know the technical name for the 56 senior carpet but Neal nailed it right on.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 15:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I'm not sure about the later models, but AutoMat makes carpets to order. Their contact information is: 69 Hazel St., Hcksville NY 11801. Tel. (516)938 7373.

They may be able to help.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 22:08
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Thanks for your help. I did email Packardparts. I am hoping to get a repl soon. I am also going to check out Automat. That's not too far away.

Posted on: 2009/9/7 9:32
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved