Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

Packard51, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: The A'Packard'lypse
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Greetings,

If I might interject an hypothesis regarding the aforementioned meatloaf, which is not in the shape of a "loaf" per se.

Consider the delicious coating baked on top. The ratio of coating-to-meatloaf is greatly enhanced by the larger surface-area-to-meat ratio afforded by the square pan method. In other words, question not the culinary mastery of one calling himself fatmike, who also has the good taste to own a Packard.

P.S. Crud is a great automotive preservative. Be prepared for the jewel-like quality underneath, once the crud is removed. Or at least appreciate how much better it looks in comparison to how it did before.

Posted on: 2009/10/6 18:23
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
well it's been a few weeks but i'm still at it. as much as one could be when you're only alotted about an hour a week and sometimes not even that. once i removed the distribution tube i let it soak over night in some clr then rinsed it well with warm water to remove any residue (pic 1). meanwhile i got down to breakin down the water pump. i checked the shaft play and decided it was not in need of a rebuild. so i cleaned it up and shot it with some chrysler red as well (pic 2). this would also be a nice time to attend to the fan pully (pic 3). i had broken off a bolt when pullin the water pump so after alot of foul language and beer i decided the helicoil it and replace all the bolts. for the rest of yall lookin at the pump like a clock the bolts at two and the center are the same length. the one at nine which is the one that broke and the one at eleven are longer. all however are 3/8"-16 bore and thread. i made my own gaskets with a blank set from carquest. after all this i decided to remove the grill so i wouldn't bend my clean new tube. with everything back together i pressure tested and ran the engine for about 8 minutes. not certain as what i wanted to do next i thought it would be a good start to disassemble the car (pic 4). this is where i am now with a full beakdown coming this winter. i'll post again soon, sorry to let it run so long.

Attach file:

jpg  (109.97 KB)
1886_4b14381b911dc.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (123.52 KB)
1886_4b143844aef0a.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (118.95 KB)
1886_4b14387c697ab.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/11/30 16:31
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
the last pic didn't post because it was too big. will repost that and more soon. time to eat some banana puddin...

Posted on: 2009/11/30 16:41
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved