Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 155

Ross, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Ebay Morons
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The problem with that is if someone is looking for an antenna or an air filter that will block it out. It'd be better if they'd just remove him.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 13:17
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes, if you click on Advanced search, you can exclude certain sellers.

Attach file:

jpg  (25.46 KB)
1_4ad22c1965042.jpg 471X327 px

Posted on: 2009/10/11 14:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
I guess that eBay cares more about listing fees than the happiness of their buyers.
I wouldn't think any big surprise there. They know they're pretty much the only game and if you don't like it, not too much choice left for going elsewhere. Same with their only approved (and owned) payment method, Paypal. Lots of complaints for them also on various sites that don't seem to get resolved either fast or satisfactorily.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 14:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Kevin,
Can you be more specific as to how to find the fields where I can exclude this seller? When I hit "ADVANCED SEARCH" I don't show the fields you indicated.

What am I missing???

Posted on: 2009/10/11 18:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Bob1951,
After clicking advanced search, scroll all the way down to the "sellers" section. Check the box that says "only show items from:" Then make sure the "Specific sellers" button is selected. Change the drop down box from include to exclude and put the sellers name in the box next to it.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 19:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
Same with their only approved (and owned) payment method, Paypal.

It's been a few years since I sold anything on eBay. When did that PayPal-only schitt start?

Don't get me wrong. I do find PayPal convenient for making my own purchases on eBay, but I had some buyers who still preferred to use checks or money orders. A few even came in person to pick up the good with cold hard CASH. Of course, I had to allow plenty of time for personal checks to clear, and I had to look into some of the independent money order source to be sure they were legit. However, one thing you could always count on was a USPS Money Order.

Sounds like it's time to dump eBay.

Perhaps, in due time, BigKev will come with an idea for a better, spam-free marketplace for all things Packard.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 19:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Forsyth
See User information
No way they will boot him with feedback of zillions. Big Kev's exclude seller is the best solution to a bad situation.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 19:32
Carpe Diem!! Registry
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
When did that PayPal-only schitt start?
Been that way for some time. I believe vendors are allowed to make other arrangements privately and some do such as one of the Packard vendors from the northwest who invoices you & cautions not to click on the paypal button as he does not accept it.

If you go thru the ebay checkout system which supposedly has some guarantees, escrows, safeties, etc, believe it is only paypal. Google tried to start something similar & announced theirs with some fanfare a few yrs ago but according to various articles, ebay wouldn't allow it on their website. Believe Googles service is for the most part in US not an option or at least not widely used but is available in some countries overseas.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 20:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
When you do a search enter:
packard, -carpartswholesale

That will exclude him.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 22:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Add another one to the list: discountbodyparts

Posted on: 2009/10/17 11:36
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved