Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 74

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Ebay Morons
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I use this one, and it has cut down the search to about 2,000. Some of the crap still gets in, but it's manageable. Of course, if you're interested in buying die cast models, you'll have to remove some of these.

-computer, -printer, -ink, -hewlett, -toner, -drive, -inkjet, -calculator, -monitor, -bell, -storage, -mat, -antenna, -die, -diecast, -hot, -danbury, -franklin, -brooklin, -ad, -signature, -waterproof, -exhaust, -yesteryear, -thermostat, -filter, -info, -paint, -spare, -Harajuku, -cover, -print, -brochure, -repair, -information,

Posted on: 2009/11/10 9:20
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I came up with a different type of filter. In the search criteria I included a price range: .00 to $4.99, $5.00 to $24.99, $25.00 to $49.99, $50.00 to $99.99, and so on up to $1,000.00 to $100,000. On each the results are manageable however there is a further help from E-bay. To the left is the category that the items are listed in. You merely have to go to the one that says vintage/antique. The highest number I have gotten in each category is about 400. Granted you have 6 separate searchs but you can hit each one as you have time and a specific amount of money to use.
I only hit the top category when I want to day dream.

Posted on: 2009/11/10 9:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
I use this one, and it has cut down the search to about 2,000. Some of the crap still gets in, but it's manageable. Of course, if you're interested in buying die cast models, you'll have to remove some of these.

Quote:
computer, -printer, -ink, -hewlett, -toner, -drive, -inkjet, -calculator, -monitor, -bell, -storage, -mat, -antenna, -die, -diecast, -hot, -danbury, -franklin, -brooklin, -ad, -signature, -waterproof, -exhaust, -yesteryear, -thermostat, -filter, -info, -paint, -spare, -Harajuku, -cover, -print, -brochure, -repair, -information,

What's wrong with narrowing the search to all of ebay motors? Doing that seems to filter out most everything listed above and is easier to do.

Posted on: 2009/11/10 13:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'm reminded of the movie Dogma here: "No wonder he saw Jesus. Homey's rockin' the ganj!"

$15,000 carburetor

Posted on: 2010/1/29 9:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
West Peterson would be well-qualified to comment on that price as his Dad has a 734 that uses the special dual-throat Detroit Lubricator. But considering that the complete carburetor has been manufactured new from scratch and the total market is probably only a couple of dozen units at most, there are perhaps Speedster owners who will pay that because they have no alternative if they want a correct car; seems to me decent carbs of this model were about $5000 or so a few years back, even as much as $3000 for a junker.

Eric, maybe you missed an opportunity to make and market these, but by now I suspect the market demand is pretty well filled.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 9:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
For that price I'd adapt EFI to it and have a MUCH better driving car.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 10:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved