Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: '53 327 starting problems
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've posted these before, but here goes again, NAPA (Echlin) and Standard. A couple of these #s may have just recently been superceeded, but take these to your local parts store and you should be in business.

Right or left-click on these to enlarge or save to your PC, you probably know the process.

Attach file:

jpg  (196.50 KB)
177_4b707ffe5b34e.jpg 820X1280 px

jpg  (188.00 KB)
177_4b708013bbf48.jpg 1026X1280 px

Posted on: 2010/2/8 16:21
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave those may make a good FAQ topic as the question does come up frequently. Or if someone wants to enter all those numbers in to the Parts X-Ref, then that would be even better!

Posted on: 2010/2/8 22:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Some of those numbers may actually right now be in the process of being superceeded. Probably the best thing would be if someone would go to the local store and see what numbers will remain active as is, and which are changing. Nevertheless, countermen should be able to use these numbers to cross-reference any replacement numbers.

Posted on: 2010/2/8 22:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi All. I called up the NAPA store the next town over (the one here in my town is as helpful as a politician). The number I was given for the Delco system is: RR 174. From what I could see in Owen's post (kinda hard for me to read it), it appears to read RR 134. Perhaps this is the "new" number. The guy I spoke with had to dig out a "parts manual" to find it. God help us, it couldn't be found on the computer! At least he was able to find it (and was old enough to know how to use a book). Anyway, there it is. Hope it helps! Thanks guys,

Scott

Posted on: 2010/2/8 23:03
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just as a point of reference that condenser number (RR174) was already in the Parts X-Ref here on the website and listed for 53 Delco applications. Sometimes the information is closer than we think!

Posted on: 2010/2/8 23:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved