Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Re: Oldsmobile oil pump conversion kit update
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
The good news is the first article part passed inspection today and production is underway. We will be shipping kits by the first of January.

The even better news is we have improved the tolerance controls and still have been able to substantially lower the cost. The kits will be $199 including Priority Mail shipping anywhere in the continental US.

I'll be sending an e-mail to everyone who has asked to be put on the list, including info on how to order and how to pay.

Happy Holidays, everyone and thanks for your patience.

jack vines

Posted on: 2009/12/13 20:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Miller
See User information
Jack, I am currently using one of your orgional Olds oil pump kits in my 55 Constellation [installed with the engine rebuild] do I need to be concerned about the kit i am using?

Thanks
john Miller

Posted on: 2009/12/13 22:25
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ron Larson
See User information
ronleasing@aol.comPlease put me on your list for info on your oldsmobile oil pump kit.

Posted on: 2009/12/13 23:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
John Miller wrote:
Quote:
Jack, I am currently using one of your orgional Olds oil pump kits in my 55 Constellation [installed with the engine rebuild] do I need to be concerned about the kit i am using?

<p>That would be a kit you bought from me since Jack has not shipped any yet. It is extremely probable that there is no problem whatsoever with the kit you bought and installed. I presume, since you are asking, that you have not yet started and run your rebuilt engine. I suggest you temporarily install an auxilliary mechanical oil pressure gauge in place of the idiot light sender located under the distributor. This will tell you if the new oil pump and adapter kit is working properly. You should have a minimum of 20psi at hot idle and at least 45psi at driving speed.</p>
<p>Craig</p>

Posted on: 2009/12/14 6:13
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
To clarify the point about improved tolerances - If a kit bolts together without a big hammer, it should work just fine.

One kit buyer mentioned difficulty getting one of the bolts started. On the one I've heard from who had initial difficulty, a quick hit with a round file solved his problem. This minor misalignment was because first design kits were done on a manual mill by a competent machinist. Doing them one at a time always means minute variations in distances between bolt holes.

In this production run, we took the time and expense to digitally map the Packard main cap and the Oldsmobile oil pump and then made a dowel to physically check the alignment of the adapter to the cap. They are produced on a CNC mill, so each part should be identical and fit perfectly.

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2009/12/14 11:53
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jack, sounds like the "2nd Gen" adapters are going to have bullet proof fitament with the CNC milling. Good job!

Posted on: 2009/12/14 13:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
got any pics????

Posted on: 2009/12/14 16:59
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I don't think they are fundamentally different than these.

http://www.1956packardpanther.com/OHVOPA_Details.html

Posted on: 2009/12/14 17:15
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Miller
See User information
Kit installed with an oil gauge installed in the return line to the filter. Shows about 65 pounds pressure at speed when hot. Kit went together without a hitch I have about 700 miles on the engine now.
John

Posted on: 2009/12/14 20:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Please add me to your eMail list: firesweep"at"verizon.net

Posted on: 2009/12/19 17:31
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved