Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 »

Re: DO NOT TRUST BTV
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Can u give us some history on the 53's BTV????

How many miles and how many years ago was it rebuilt????

Posted on: 2010/6/2 6:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Keith: as interesting as the history of the 53 Carib BTV might be to you and other BTV-postmortem guys, of more interest in general is how did "they" achieve a 3:1 or 4:1 leverage ratio on the electric MC. Also, how different is it than the way I did it?

Craig

Posted on: 2010/6/2 8:37
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Good point Craig!! Good point. IIRC they used a brake pedal similar to the NON-power brake pedal.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 8:45
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
From post #277 above:
"The ABS system cost about $1,000 and the other parts about $200. With labor the entire installation was right about $2,000."

I'd like to know why noone wants to use either Craigs conversion or assumming NO FACTORY AC then Turbopacmans conversion ???? They are easy enuf to do for about $150- $300????? AND, the parts for T-Pacmans' Ford conversion are readily available at any autoparts store.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 8:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If I'm reading Jeds post correctly, they were able to get the ratio by using a frame mounted master with an aftermarket pedal assy also frame mounted. Brought the pedal up thru the floor and modified it to use the original pedal height and location.

I am anxiously awaiting pictures to see how they did the pedal. I once suggested the possibility of using the original suspension setup to keep the stock look & hiding the floor pedal in the regular boot. Was unsure on how to do the actual pedal connection due to different arcs. Sounds like they just used the pedal on the shortened floor stalk without being suspended--or else figured the arcs out.

I think the biggest problem people have with Turbos or Craigs conversion is the looks. Turbos requires a different spot and is readily apparent. Craigs requires a different pedal and also apparent. This conversion is radical but doesn't sound as if readily seen and that would appeal to many. Also be interesting to see the approach packard34 takes with his conversion.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 9:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
This is all speculation. Let's see some PICTURES!

Craig

Posted on: 2010/6/2 9:12
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Update on the 55, today the Caribbean went off to the paintshop YAY!!! so in 3 weeks she should be back looking good once again. Then we can put the engine back in and get the new brake system installed and get some more pictures & information on the conversion posted

Cheers,
Mat

Posted on: 2010/6/3 0:44
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jed Sheehan
See User information
Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet. My car was in the shop last week for the chocolat coolant problem and I just got it back last night. I'll take some pictures today and post them.

Posted on: 2010/6/5 7:00
Jed
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Quote:

yesterdaysradio wrote:
Hello,

I have owned 1956 Packards since 1965. The brakes were always a problem. Craig and Eric inspired me to seek a solution. I designed my booster setup and the disc brakes on my computer. This allowed me to visualize the fit of the components. The booster and brakes were installed this summer. For the first time my wife and I truly enjoyed the Patrician. The second generation disc brakes are now being designed with Wilwood calipers. I posted these pictures on a different thread. Maybe it will help someone.
Jerry

Jerry,

Do you have the dimensions of the fabricated parts of the modern booster/mc mounted high on the firewall?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob

Attach file:

jpg  (33.23 KB)
2993_4ca4e2905421a.jpg 600X450 px

Posted on: 2010/9/30 14:23
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Hi All,

Well, I know it has been time time since I had my accident, now we have finally gotten around to installing the new braking system from ABS power brakes, i have attached some images, this setup is not fully complete yet, but gives you an idea on the setup. I know since this thread originated there have been other mods which have become available

Cheers,
Mathew

Attach file:

jpg  (19.84 KB)
24_4e7085db4d3aa.jpg 453X604 px

jpg  (21.86 KB)
24_4e7085e9da578.jpg 453X604 px

jpg  (24.39 KB)
24_4e7085f50403b.jpg 453X604 px

jpg  (15.16 KB)
24_4e70860704bee.jpg 453X604 px

jpg  (25.53 KB)
24_4e70861e10803.jpg 604X453 px

Posted on: 2011/9/14 5:48
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved