Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

ebay parts scammer changes name
Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
To All, it would seem that the seller carpartswholesale has changed their name to discountbodyparts. They are trying to peddle the same junk as before. Just a heads up, if you have your ebay custom search, plug in the name to restrict just as I have listed it above. I guess they figured out what we are doing! (Why is it that jerks and frauds just dont get the hint? If they would spend as much time at a real profession instead of trying to rip people off they would probably be successful!)

Posted on: 2009/11/27 12:39
 Top  Print   

Re: ebay turd changes name
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
If you're running my last updated search, that user had already been eliminated. Here's a list of repeat offenders:
Keyword: Packard -carpartsdiscount-carpartswholesale-discountbodyparts-carpartsdiscount
Seller: -kfking wolverine-diesel hugozhackenabush partsandplates cowboydave157 ppt bodyshopsupplies falconglobal californiacarcover pepinski9 covercentral petes_auto_data sandler_trust_wholesale car-colors johnnieeldorado jim3284 rubberroadmaster thet-shirtguy pitts-n8063 crackleandpop-com waljoy1 oldnewparts creyts vintageautoliterature daytodayimports covershield pcs_connectors carpartsdiscount detroit-the-motor-city carpartswholesale, -discountbodyparts

Posted on: 2009/11/27 12:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
The "old" url worked great to filter the junk out. Can that be done with this new search?? I have complained to ebay but it goes to deaf ears I'm afraid........

Posted on: 2009/11/28 19:49
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
What do you mean exactly, as my latest link still filters out all the "crap".

Posted on: 2009/11/28 20:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Here's an updated link to the new search. Carpartsdiscount has a friend, discountautoparts. What a bunch of jerks!

Posted on: 2009/12/8 6:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Eric,
Your updated list still works slick.
The list of exclusions may need to have its own "zip code" if it keeps getting any longer.

Just so folks can appreciate it a little more, here is Eric's filter so far:
Quote:
Packard -carpartsdiscount-carpartswholesale-discountbodyparts-carpartsdiscount Seller: -discountautoparts kfking wolverine-diesel hugozhackenabush partsandplates cowboydave157 ppt bodyshopsupplies falconglobal californiacarcover pepinski9 covercentral petes_auto_data sandler_trust_wholesale car-colors johnnieeldorado jim3284 rubberroadmaster thet-shirtguy pitts-n8063 crackleandpop-com waljoy1 oldnewparts creyts vintageautoliterature daytodayimports covershield pcs_connectors carpartsdiscount detroit-the-motor-city carpartswholesale, -discountbodyparts

Whooo.. I'm tired, but pleased.
Thanks again.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/12/8 7:16
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kacarlson
See User information
Bought something from carpartswholesale off e-bay, I think a handle for my '96 GMC 2500. What experiences have you guys had that makes them so offensive (other than filling up my junk-e-mail folder).

Posted on: 2009/12/8 8:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
My biggest beef, and I think everyone else's as well, is the littering of crap that has nothing to do with Packard parts, and labeling them as such. An antenna for a 1909 Packard, I mean, COME ON! It makes it a PITA to sort through to get to stuff that will actually fit on a Packard, if you have to go through 3,000 parts that really have no relevance. These people have been reported time and time again, and eBay will do nothing about it, because they get paid if an item sells or not.

Dan, I already filed for a Zip Code for my exclusions, it's OICU812.

Posted on: 2009/12/8 9:56
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kacarlson
See User information
I feel your pain. I changed a brake caliper on my '96 2500 4x4 last week and after feeling the wheel hub bearing, decided I'd change the hub assembly out too. Bought a new one from Advanced ($220), pressed the new studs through the hub and into the new rotor. Looked good, but when I snugged up the first bolt on the hub the whole assembly locked up. Back it off and it spins free. I beat my brains out trying to figure out what was going on. Got the micrometer out and compared the bearings on the hubs. The new bearing face was wider than than the OEM Timken, and just wide enought to contact the rubber seal around the spline shaft. Snug it down and that rubber would grab the bearing. Took it back pissed off for wasting a whole afternoon, and they checked and double checked, saying it was right. Then they looked at the '95 hub assembly. THAT was the one I needed. Talk about PITA, and to throw a little more salt in the wound they wanted $458 for it!!!
I pushed as much grease as I could past the old shields and stuck the old assembly back on.

Posted on: 2009/12/8 11:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Sadly, these ebay scum are nothing new. I work with a guy who proudly claims he's on his fifth user ID. He deals in antiques of questionable quality. He's still not as bad as the guy from Carbondale, PA who sold people "copper engravings" of Abraham Lincoln. He says "they were mighty surprised when their shiny new penny arrived".

Posted on: 2009/12/8 13:37
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved