Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 138

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard Keys
Just popping in
Just popping in

Buddy
See User information
Does anyone know what key blanks will work for a 1949 22nd series packard. I have lost my keys and can't find any cross references for this packard

Posted on: 2009/11/30 17:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Keys
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Had some made for a 56 & locksmith used Ilco B10 and B11. Grooves the same, head different. Those will also fit into the lock on a 47 so assume would work on a 49 as well. Not sure exactly what the question though--if you mean the original codes with tumbler sequences, no idea and doubt there are any records to be found.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 18:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
The original keys for my '47 are BASCO (Briggs & Stratton) 1/1. I have one repro key made by IlCO #1098M which is a door key but looks like the B&S ignition key.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 18:53

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
if you mean the original codes with tumbler sequences, no idea and doubt there are any records to be found.

If you have the original key number, good locksmiths have the codes in a computer database and can cut you a new key without having the old one, I just had a new key cut for my 56 and I did was give the locksmith the original key #. Key numbers were usually listed on the original Bill of Sale if you're fortunate enough to have that document.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 19:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I stand corrected. Forgot about a bill of sale so figured some records from Grand Ave would be all there was. The computer database is the surprising one -- Never knew such existed particularly for two out of business companies or at least that part of the one remaining..

Posted on: 2009/11/30 20:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I was suprised too. The little he showed me of the data has Auburn, Cord, Rocknye, Oakland, and more back into the late 20s. I'm assuming its a standard locksmith product available to any of them that wish to purchase it.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 21:35
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Buddy
See User information
Thanks for the information guys. I knew it was originally a Briggs and Stratton key, but I didn't know they were called "BASCO". I'll do some research on BASCO. The original parts manual calls for P/N 458062 for the Glove Box and Truck and P/N 148842 for the Ign/Door Key Blanks. However I could not find any cross reference material. Thanks

I'm new to this forum and not really sure how to post a "Reply". I assume that I'm replying to everyone and not just an individual.

Posted on: 2009/12/1 10:14
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Buddy
See User information
Owen_Dyneto, I had given up on finding a key code. I've only owned the 49 Packard for about 2 months. I do have some paper work, so I'll check for the bill of sale. I never would have thought to check the bill of sale. Thanks

Posted on: 2009/12/1 10:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi Buddy. Welcome to the fold. I wanted extra keys for my '53 Cavalier, so I just went to one of the older locksmiths in the area. I walked out of the shop with a new set of keys and all of about $5 less in my wallet. Some greedy individuals are trying to sell just the blanks on ebay for $12 bucks just as a starting bid. Good Luck!

Scott

Posted on: 2009/12/1 10:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Buddy raises a good question. One that i have always wondered about but was afraid to ask:

What's the difference between clicking 'Reply' on an individual post as opposed to clicking "reply" at the bottom of the page?????

Posted on: 2009/12/1 10:48
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved