Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 167

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Carter Carburetor
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I struck out with Napa, they didnt show having any kits for a Carter WGD 2102. I guess I will have to source it from Kanter or Max Merrit. I was hoping to save a few bucks with Napa.

Napa did have a rotor and cap in stock. So I did pick those up, and I used my AAA discount.

Posted on: 2007/1/19 20:48
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I checked with Daytona Parts and they want $40 for the kit plus S&H. I guess $40-50 is about the going rate for these kits. I may just order from Max Merrit or Kanter as I know I can yell at someone in the event there is something missing from the kit.

Posted on: 2007/1/22 19:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Kev, I bought one from Kanter and it is sort of a Carter generic kit but did the job. Sure wish I still had the Carter repair kit with all the metering rod adjustment tools etc. which I sold a few years back for $50 (KICK KICK)!

Posted on: 2007/1/22 19:56
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GDurgin
See User information
Hi BH,

I'm getting ready to rebuild the Carter 2-barrel carb for my 1950 Deluxe Club sedan. You mentioned you were going to post the complete rebuild manual for the Carter carbs. Are they posted here in the lit and manuals section? Or could you post here a copy on a pdf? Thanks.

G Durgin
Oakland, CA

Posted on: 2018/4/23 1:04
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Hoo-boy, that's going way back.

In a previous post in this thread, I advised of a collection of sheets on Carter carbs that I found in my dad's old toolbox, and I did provide PDFs of everything I had that was relevant to Packards. Kev filed them with the Service Manuals in the Literature and Manuals department. This way, please.

These sheets provide detailed specifications, adjustment procedures, and a full list of service parts. I don't know what carb your car has, but I included sheets on the 643S-SA and 644S-SA used on 48-50 models and 728S-SA used on 49-50 models.

The only thing I had on a full rebuild was for the WDO for 39 models and the fuel pump for 47 and prior models (the latter in an article of its own).

Posted on: 2018/4/23 8:05
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GDurgin
See User information
Thanks for the response. I try to use already existing threads for my questions, so as to not repeat similar inquiries made (years) in the past.

G Durgin
Oakland, CA

Posted on: 2018/5/1 21:44
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved