Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 209

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Ever Find Something Interesting in Your Packard?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
For fun & education purposes only!

Perhaps, an old coin? Maybe a $100 bill or an interesting document?

Well the pictures are of the Union flyer that I found underneath my '55 Packard 400's trunk liner some time ago. I wonder what the fellow thought when he put it there and if he ever contemplated that his employer would soon be out of business?

Attach file:

jpg  (89.65 KB)
20_4b3ff9ef9a650.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/1/2 20:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Ever Find Something Interesting in Your Packard?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Thanks for posting that Kevin. That is a genuine Packard document. I would frame it and hang it in the garage. I am no great supporter of unions, but that is a document related to the company that gives us a common bond.
It's better than the $140.00 I found in the trunk of a Pontiac!

Posted on: 2010/1/2 21:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Interesting find Kevin. Especially since being thrown in a trunk is usually not a good thing when it comes to Unions back in the day!

Attach file:

jpg  (40.20 KB)
633_4b400d7ee42c5.jpg 304X453 px

Posted on: 2010/1/2 22:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
No I didn't find Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk but I found several pages from a 1947 Detroit News when I lifted the from carpets of my 1947 Clipper parts car. probably left there by a worker using them as a hand rag. I didn't save them as they were in rough shape. I also found several old War Amputee licence tags in the glove box of my Super Clipper.

Attach file:

jpg  (88.47 KB)
13_4b4014053bd9c.jpg 1000X913 px

Posted on: 2010/1/2 22:46

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I found a sales slip under the driver's seat of my 400 with the imprint from a charge card from Hudson's Department store, and the name was that of Richard Naylor, Packard Comptroller, who owned my car. He bought some gloves and the date was 12/24, so he was a male-pattern shopper for sure.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 0:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Three interesting documents found in my 34 Eight back in 1964 when I bought it. A receipt from the RCA/Manhattan service store for the installation of a radio, a receipt for a week's stay at a hotel in the White Mtns of New Hampshire in the fall of 1935, and a gasoline ration card from 1944.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 0:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The only interesting thing I found in a Packard was a 1950 .50 piece in the seat of my old '56 Patrician.

But,
When I was about 10 years old my father bought a '70s Lincoln to use as a derby car. He told me and the neighbor kid to tear it rip out the interior and we could keep anything we find. Of course, it didn't have any keys and we couldn't get into the trunk right away. When we got the car apart and I crawled though the rear seat opening I got the trunk open. Inside the trunk was the usual stuff, spare tire, jack, tire wrench, etc. When we stripped the inside of the trunk out, we found two bottles of Peppermint Schnapps. Man, that stuff tasted like candy to a 10 year old, and between me and the neighbor kid we drank both bottles! Made me so sick I can't even stand to smell the stuff today.

On a bright side, the $100 bill tucked in behind the brake pedal made up for it, never told anyone, including the neighbor kid, about it until now, lol.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 1:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
When we took the floorboards out to the 30, this little bit fell to the ground. It turns out it is a shade bracket. The funny thing, the car has all of it's shade brackets, so it was clearly dropped during assembly.

Attach file:

jpg  (21.17 KB)
333_4b40bb041a1ca.jpg 270X590 px

Posted on: 2010/1/3 10:43
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I found five copies of The Herald-Press newspapers from St. Joseph, Michigan in the trunk of my 1947 Custom Clipper. The newspapers date from August 2, 1947 to September 2, 1947. The mailing label on the papers had the name of a D.W. Potter in St. Joseph.

Thinking that Potter may have been the original owner of the Clipper I started a search to locate him. This search was not successful. Later I learned that the newspapers did not come with the Clipper, but probably from a 1939 Twelve that the father-in-law of a previous owner of the Clipper had bought from Potter. I guess the newspapers were placed in the Clipper because of their date. I offered to return the newspapers to the previous owner, but he thought they better belonged with the Clipper.

I wish Potter had been the original owner, and I could have located him or his heirs.

(o {} o)

Attach file:

jpg  (61.90 KB)
565_4b40d0ca97f1a.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2010/1/3 12:17
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I didn't find any really interesting in my car (except a family of rats). But when I got the car it didn't come with any keys. At some point upon disassemble of the front sheet-metal a set of keys fell out from somewhere. I guess someone had stashed a set in there. There were the original keys with all the Packard markings. They were covered in grease and looked like they had been in there for a long time.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 14:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Wow (1)

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved