Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Tucker Convertible
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Considering there were only 51 Tuckers built, and the amount of publicity and public interest they had when new, it would not surprise me that they became collector's items and museum pieces like the Dodo birds.

What surprised me was the amount of driving many of them got in spite of the owner's intention to preserve them and not drive them.

Again and again the same theme popped up. When they bought the Tucker they did not intend to drive it, but once they drove it they found themselves using it more and more, in preference to newer cars.

The other thing was the way they stood up to regular use. Several have done well over 100,000 miles.

It seems to me that if they made it into production the car itself would have been a success. Whether they could sell enough of them to make a profit, at the price they would have had to charge, is another question.

Posted on: 2010/1/26 12:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
I can't belive the 1.5mil high bid. From reading the EXTENSIVE 34 page thread from the Tucker Club website it looks like the 'Convertible' was built from the remains of 1027 which was involved in an accident.

There are a lot of significant cars with provinance and verifyable history which could be purchased for 1.5 million.

Could just be shill bidding against a high reserve... seeing is not beilieving ;)

Posted on: 2010/1/28 9:06
-

( o\|||/o )

1936 Packard 120 4 Door Touring

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
The Tucker Convertible is on Ebay now. Bidding is up to $800,000!!!

LINK.

Posted on: 2010/4/2 18:27
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved