Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

PACKARD(?) - STUDEBAKER(?)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I have a 2 piece set of carpet that I picked up in a parts stash 2 years ago. It was bought from Kanters by the man that I bought the parts and 6 cars from. One of the cars was a 56 Clipper Custom Constellation, and one of the othere was a 55 Patrician. It is my belief that the carpet set was intended for one of these cars. I am restoring the 56 Clipper, and decided to use the carpet for that car. There is only one problem. The carpet is easily 3 - 4 inches short side to side on the whole set. It is my belief that this carpet set is for a Studebaker and not a Packard. I cannot go back to Kanter because I am not the original purchaser. I have posted a picture and I will supply the measurments if anyone is interested. I would like $85 + shipping or B.O.

ALK

Attach file:

jpg  (36.56 KB)
430_4b47739a433c1.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/1/8 13:04
 Top  Print 

Re: PACKARD(?) - STUDEBAKER(?)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That much short could be Studebaker or something else and does look awfully flat. Can't tell if it has the large extra bit with slit to go over hump but is it short the width of the car or just to the scuff plates? I bought a repro set expecting the carpet to go under the scuff plates as the old one in car did and was informed that old carpet was incorrect and not original. Apparently original carpet bound edge only went to round inner edge of plate which I didn't know (and honestly still not sure of as I've seen many going under plates).

Posted on: 2010/1/8 14:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
If by scuff plates you mean the door sill plates, I know of no carpet that goes that far. By short I mean 3 to 4 inches on each side at the, sort of triangular vinyl covered panels, on each side under the dash by your feet.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 16:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Al, I would be interested in buying your carpets, would you please accept doing a bank transfer for the amount plus payment for my shipper to ship it back to Nigeria to me. This would make the check for $1085 US dollers, payable to you. You can give the access to my shipper on his arrival. Is this acceptable?

Posted on: 2010/1/9 21:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
THE PACKARD GODS WILL GET YOU FOR THAT ONE.

Posted on: 2010/1/10 9:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Nahh, they're the ones who gave me the idea!

Just thought I'd liven you up a bit Al, always remember that every day alive and vertical is a good day my friend.

Posted on: 2010/1/10 16:04
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved