Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 216

39Rollson, RKS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Gaskets Templates
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:
Maybe Big Kiev would consider starting a library on our site of scanned gaskets for common repairs. One could simply print them out and apply to locally obtained gasket material and not have to wait for a shipment from distant suppliers.
Many times you do not realize if you will need a gasket till you start a repair or the gasket is torn up..

Thats actually a pretty good idea. Only issue I could see with that would be the differences it how some people's printer scale images which could result in printed image not being the exact same size as the original gasket.

Now I could create a photo category for gaskets and we could put them in there. I guess the best thing would be to have a printable scale that could put on the scanner with gasket. So when it was printed out someone could quickly check to make sure the scale was still accurate, and adjust if needed. Something like the following image. I also wouldn't recommend scanning any greater than 100 dpi to prevent the images from getting resized due to size constraints. Plus 100 dpi in fine enough for the outline of a gasket.

Attach file:

jpg  (9.84 KB)
1_4b48fa2c6558b.jpg 133X851 px

Posted on: 2010/1/9 16:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Gaskets Templates
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I just checked this ruler. If I save the image to my computer and print it at 100% scale then it prints accurately and matches my physical ruler. So now that we can print out an accurate scale, we just cut out the paper ruler template and lay it on the scanner with the gasket. This may just work!

Posted on: 2010/1/9 17:01
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Gaskets Templates
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Here is a test case. I scanned this at 100dpi in just Gray Scale. That provides the best contrast for cutting out the gasket. I printed this out at 100% scale and it matches the physical gasket. So looks like this may work for gaskets that can fit on a standard size sheet of paper.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.60 KB)
1_4b490f64f15f6.jpg 560X832 px

Posted on: 2010/1/9 17:30
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Re: Gaskets Templates
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I created a new Photo Category under the Photo Plates master category called "Gasket Templates". I went ahead and uploaded a couple of spare gasket that I had laying around. The rest of them are already on the car!

Posted on: 2010/1/9 18:23
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Maybe Big Kiev

Is that like Chicken Kiev?

Posted on: 2010/1/9 19:08
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mmmm a Big Chicken Kiev..... Honey I know what I want for dinner...

Posted on: 2010/1/9 19:10
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I think that if you saved them as a 8.5 x 11 PDF, the scaling would not be a problem. Having a picture is better though so you can see the actual gasket without having to click on it. Great idea!

Posted on: 2010/1/9 19:11
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved