Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Take a Penny, Give a Penny
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I figure it about my time to do my Bi-Annual request for content. Think of this as the PBS Telethon donation request.

If you find the PackardInfo.com website useful and you have original Packard related content (Brochures, Databooks, Training Manuals, Owners Manuals, Service Manuals, Parts Books, etc) that are not currently on the website, please consider donating a copy scanned for publication here on the website.

If you live in the US, and don't have access to a scanner, or the piece may be to big in size, or pages for you to scan, then I can scan it for you. Just ship it to me, and I will scan it for you, and ship it back to you at my expense. I have done this numerous time for people, just ask John, aka Packard53, for a reference.

We are slowly getting more and more Pre-War guys discovering the website, and I would like to get more information online in digital format for them. The Pre-War information is probably the most critical to archive for the following reasons:

1) The people currently owning some of this content are getting along in years, and I fear with there eventual passing, their families may simple discard the content. Hence losing it forever. None of us are getting any younger.

2) Some of this content could be close to 100 years old, and is decaying more and more everyday.

3) A lot of this content is not available for reprint, so many Pre-War owners do not have access to this critical information that can help them with the restoration, preservation, and servicing of there Pre-War vehicles.

4) Without a good source of this information, I fear some of the Pre-War cars are just going to end up getting scrapped, or Rodded, because it is seen as too difficult to get good information about them for restoration or repair.

I would say the Service Manuals, Parts List, Owner's Manuals, Training Manuals are those most important pieces.

So if you have any of these please help the website out, and in doing so you are helping that next Packard owner that discovers the website.

When I first put this website up, there was a little back and forth about how this may de-value peoples collection of content as I am providing it for free. Nothing can be farther that the truth. People that are collecting this material for it's value want original pieces. These digital versions are just for information purposes. They are scanned to make them readable, but not in a high enough quality to make printable reproductions from them. Also you will notice that I watermark all the content. I do this to prevent some idiot from putting it all on a CD and trying to selling for profit. If people find a scanned piece useful enough, then will seek out and buy an original version to add to there collection.

I think a lot of people never realized how much original Packard related content was still out there. Through the process of scanning all the material for the website, I have come across bit of information, interesting brochures that I never would have seen if it was tucked away in someones collection.

I have several original pieces, like the 48-54 Parts List, that I don't ever take in the garage with me. It stays in the house. But what I do is print out the pages I need from the digital copy. They I never have to worry about getting an original greasy.

All I ask is that as some of you guys are tucking your cars away for the winter, please take a look around and see if you have any content that would be useful to the website.

Also if any of you are members of a local chapter of he various Packard car clubs, or are affiliated with any of the Packard museums please forward this request along to anyone that may be able to help.

Anyway thats enough of my babble.

Thanks again for reading my speil,

Posted on: 2007/10/19 12:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Take a Penny, Give a Penny
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
BigKev:

I have a 1st edition 1948 Packard manual I'd be happy to share, if you'll scan and return it to me. I'm new to the site, so I would just need your mailing address.

Posted on: 2007/10/23 9:58
Dan Marrin
Summers; Breezy Point, MN, Winters; The Villages, FL
'48 Sup8 conv, '48 Sup8Del LWB sed, '58 Hawk.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
BigKev (and V8 owners) -

I haven't forgotten about the scans of the original 55-56 parts books that I promised, but I'm still trying to get enough projects off my back to do that. It should only be a matter of weeks (not months) now, but it will take some time for me to do the digital clean-up needed for some pages.

Posted on: 2007/10/23 15:36
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dan,
I send you my address in a Private Message.

Brian,
Thanks, I look forward to it when have the free time.

Thanks guys,

Posted on: 2007/10/23 20:42
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Kev. I have a complete service manual for the 1951-54 models which I could scan but it will have to be a winter project with my budget model scanner. I can try if you think it would benefit the site. I owe you big time.

Posted on: 2007/10/23 20:47
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave,

Thanks for the offer, but the 51-54 Manual is already online here. So no sense it going through that marathon of scanning. But I do appreciate the offer.

Posted on: 2007/10/23 20:50
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Kev, Oops! This site has so much stuff on it I forgot that the manual is already here. I'll have to find another way to help.

Posted on: 2007/10/24 8:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

princessxtn
See User information
I would be more than grateful to be able to send you my Packard's owner's manual along with what limited advertisements and articles I have, that is if you don't mind passing along an address to send them too.

"If hot air rises, Heaven may be hotter."

Princess Xtn (Kristin)

Posted on: 2007/10/24 15:13
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
For anyone interested in sending content to me to scan here is my mailing address:

Kevin Waltman
15500-C Rockfield Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618

Please make sure to include your return mailing address and phone number so I can get the pieces back to you safe and sound.

The USPS has a flat rate mailer that works perfectly for sending most types of content.

Thanks again to everyone that has responded.

Posted on: 2007/10/24 15:21
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dan,

Thanks for sending the 1st & 3rd Edition 1948 Owner's Manuals. They are now online for download. I should have those back in the mail to you tomorrow.

Posted on: 2007/10/31 21:04
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved