Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
62 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 57

r1lark, Sherlock, Ozstatman, Guscha, 64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Randy Berger My Answer to You About Nance
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Toyota has sent out these "precision engineered" fixes to their sticking gas pedal problems.

Link

Attach file:

jpg  (25.80 KB)
633_4b76e0381cc88.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2010/2/13 12:26
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Looks like a metal chicklet.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 13:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Did any of you read the article in Bloomberg News about our old friend, the supplier of those defective 1956 Packard axles, Dana Corp. (now Dana Holdings) has just come forward with the info that they provided 34,000 defective driveshaft yokes to Toyota for use in their trucks? A much smaller # apparently also went to Nissan and to Ford.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 13:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The old saying that goes something like "the more things change, the more things stay the same" comes to mind on that one.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 14:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Randy: I have an interview done with John Conde who went to work for Nash in 1946 and retired from AMC in 1976. During Conde's employment with Nash he held the position of assistant director of public relations.

Conde in an interview stated that in early January 1954 that Mason requested that John L. Brown assistant to George Romney, Howard Hallis associate director of public relations along with Conde were given the following assignment.

In secret the three worked on developing a flip over chart giving a step by step plan for a possible merger that would be given to the boards of all three companies. Conde states that that the board of directors of all three companies had approved the merger in principle. However the Packard board of directors was persuaded by Nance to withdraw its approval.

Brown later told Hallas and Conde that Nance had insisted that he should be named president of the new company, Mason flatly refused to do this. That refusal lead to the withdrawal of Packard from the negotiations.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/14 20:49
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Randy: Some history on John Conde.

Conde while employed by Nash became the unofficial corporate
historian.

In 1969 he was one of the founding members of The Society of Automotive Historians.

Long time member of the Board of Trustees of the National Automotive History Collection of the Detroit Public Library.
He was one of the volunteers who labored to sort out and identify the collection of photos and negatives donated to NHAC by Packard in 1955.

Served on the board of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum

1977 to 1981 he was the curator of the transportation collection at the Henry Ford Museum.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/14 21:26
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved