Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Unidentified Packard part
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Hi

Here's an image of a spare part I'm trying to identify - looks a bit like a sway bar (anti-roll bar to us in the UK)

Anyone any ideas ?

Best regards Michael (meaarch)

Attach file:

jpg  (139.23 KB)
1329_4b6bdbdc35cae.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/2/5 3:50
 Top  Print 

Re: Unidentified Packard part
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Its a transmission linkage rod. Maybe it has a (small) six digit number cast into it?

Posted on: 2010/2/5 8:25
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dave, might I suggest adding the word "Ultramatic", lest someone completely unfamiliar with the cars think it's for a manual transmission?

Posted on: 2010/2/5 9:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't think it's Ultramatic as those are mostly straight. Believe it is for standard shift but which model & year would be more the question.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.42 KB)
209_4b6c34a946373.jpg 519X304 px

Posted on: 2010/2/5 10:09
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Since it probably If it came with his car (22nd series export 6), it would seem more likely that it's for a manual transmission.

Edit to remove unwarranted assumption.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 10:18
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Oops, I'm probably wrong, I took it to be the Ultramatic throttle pressure linkage rod which drops down from the accelerator linkage.

EDIT: Yes, I took a look at several of the throttle pressure links and they are much more deeply bowed to clear the cowl and toe board before they extend rearwards to the back of the trans. Another case of my fingers engaged on the keyboard before my brain was in gear.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 10:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I think this is a lot larger and heavier than the accelerator link. There is nothing in the photo that gives reference to size and bulk.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 10:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'd be very surprised if not manual shift rod but again the question is what model & year. Starting with early Clippers thru 54 there are 10 different ones listed. Believe the prewar style models also used something similar. For reference here is the Ultra throttle rod--all were essentially same shape.

Attach file:

jpg  (9.17 KB)
209_4b6c3f6b273f6.jpg 392X283 px

Posted on: 2010/2/5 10:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Hi Guys

Thanks for the info. - I agree that a dimension would be helpful and I'll try to get the length and post it here.

ADDED : 6th Feb 2010 The size is 29.5" pin to pin at ends

Someone Knows my car !! - this is not as far as I know from a 22nd Series Export Six Touring Sedan R.H.D as I have examined all my photos of my car and also asked my restorer and we don't think it is - hence posting it here.

It belongs to a friend who thought it might be for my car.

Cheers Michael

P.S Photo is my other "Old" car - bet a citroen has never before been seen on here ?

Attach file:

jpg  (147.56 KB)
1329_4b6c3f2c81503.jpg 845X634 px

Posted on: 2010/2/5 10:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Hi

Just had message from my Restorer who thinks the part is connected with the rear axle - but is different to the one on my right hand drive export car - at 29.5" long isn't it a little large for a selector rod or throttle linkage part ?

Michael

Posted on: 2010/2/6 5:37
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved