Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
47 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 46

pjm, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
I found this email in my inbox from a Minnesota Packards member:

Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Mr. ______:

My name is *******, and I am *****' oldest daughter. I am writing to you, because I am looking for help from all who loved my Father, and of course all who love the Packard Motor Car. I have a bit of a conundrum, and could use every last bit of input that I could get. If you could please pass around my email / questions, all help would be greatly appreciated.

These are the vehicles / parts that I have to contend with:

1. 1937 Straight 8 Le Baron Town Car Limo (partially restored but not together at all)
2. Parts car for above Limo year / model unknown
3. 1955 2 Dr Hardtop I think maybe a Packard 400 Red/White (somewhat drivable, no brakes, and needs a bit of work)

Also, there were....
1. 1956 4 Door Patrician (was tagged so I assume it was drivable)
2. 1955 Packard 400 parts car
3. 1956 Packard 4 Door Sedan parts car ( I think this is the one that has the unique window molding etc some kind of a special business mans model or something like that?)
4. 1948 Long Wheel Base Sedan (not all together / in restoration process?)
5. A Packard Motor, but I am not sure of what it goes to. I don't think that it goes with any of the above listed vehicles.

I had someone look at these items before, and have already sent an email to pick their brain to see if they remember what they are, I know that this is not much info to go with. And, if anybody knows my Dad, or any other information about the cars that he had, it would really help.

I am trying to get a general assessment of what each item is worth, and if there is anybody out there that may be interested in any of it. I want to see all of the cars go to a good home if possible, where they will get the love and affection that they deserve. Unfortunately, I live in Florida, and the cars are in Illinois, so I am trying to put some kind of a plan into place to take care of them prior to another trip to up there, I have already made several, and it is getting quite expensive.

So...

1. I am looking for values of above items
2. I am looking for a possible way to sell them quickly (a reputable auctioneer maybe). I realize that the parts cars are only going to be worth so much, but if Dad's house sells, I will need to have everything cleared out soon.
3. I am also interested in cost to get the first three items to Florida, I have no idea where to look for a car hauler that would take three cars (some in pieces) and get them to my house or a decent storage facility / restoration shop.
4. Should I decide to get the first three cars to Florida, I would like to know of any reputable restoration shops close to the Cocoa Florida area, so that I could get some idea what it would take to put these beauties back together.

Thank you in advance, as all help will be greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,

PS: Here are some pictures in hopes that they will help.

Picture1: Parts car for 37 Limo
Picture2: Left to right 1956 Patrician, 1955 400, 55 parts car
Picture3: Just another view of 56 / 55's
Picture4: Left to right... Parts car for 37 Limo, 37 Limo, 48 Long Wheel Base Sedan, in front unknown motor
Picture5: The long wheel base sedan and motor again, and the 56 4 door sedan parts car
Picture6: Wall of parts some to my limo, probably some to the 48, and who knows

Attach file:

jpg  (17.98 KB)
471_4b722b8dc800b.jpg 480X360 px

jpg  (13.84 KB)
471_4b722c152619c.jpg 480X360 px

jpg  (13.89 KB)
471_4b722c1f5dd0e.jpg 480X360 px

jpg  (22.30 KB)
471_4b722c292c53a.jpg 480X360 px

jpg  (22.45 KB)
471_4b722c39ad809.jpg 480X360 px

jpg  (22.94 KB)
471_4b722c42e6f92.jpg 480X360 px

Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:47
-Carl | [url=http://packardinfo.
 Top  Print 

Re: Packards
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That wouldnt be a Flamingo painted car would it? What are the odds?

Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
why not post, or ask them if you can post, this person contact information. might be helpful.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 12:35
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Where in Illinois??????

Posted on: 2010/2/10 13:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
The alleged Flamingo wheel I posted on the other thread on that topic seems to be a much lighter shade of pink.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 15:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
I don't have their permission to post contact information, but I will ask. I can relay questions for now.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 16:09
-Carl | [url=http://packardinfo.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The Exec looks more faded red than pink. The otherone that looks very pink (inside of trunk lid) is a 55 not a 56.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 16:57
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/mod ... ewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Carl, I'm in Northwest Illinois. I've been around packards for 37 years. If the car are reasonably close I will offer to help with identity and assist owner however I can. I'm also the former membership and technical director with Packards of Chicagoland. PM me if I can be of assistance.

Posted on: 2010/2/11 20:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
That's a great offer Dallas. And that's what PackardInfo's can be about, helping people with their Packards in whatever way we can.
and

Posted on: 2010/2/11 21:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Upon further investigation I've found the location of the cars and even knew the previous owner who passed away last year. The cars are now owned by the eldest daughter. Its my understanding that the letter as posted by Carl was sent to PAC , then forwarded to all PAC regions and I received a copy today. I understand someone has previously provided the information as requested in the letter. At this time I choose to remain neutral and not get involved since others have stepped up. (names and fax number included in e-mail I received)

Posted on: 2010/2/12 20:05
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
1956 Patrician in driveway (05/10/2022)
1956 Patrician in driveway
Pennsylvania Sunset (05/08/2022)
Pennsylvania Sunset
20220427_105704.jpg (04/27/2022)
20220427_105704.jpg
Photo of the Day
1911 PACKARD TRUCK ADVERT-B&W
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved