Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 127

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: My first Packard!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
That's a great looking Packard you've found. Good luck with it.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 23:55
Nothing says "America" like pistons the size of coffee cans turning dead dinosaurs into hydrocarbons!
Deluxe 8 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46Pack6
See User information
Shifter is working!! I drove it out the driveway and good gravy is this a big ol' momma!! Love it! Gotta paint some VW stuff today but I will be back to "oil the shocks" very soon! Thanks again for all the help guys!

- Found a big blue knob in the trunk - thought if went on the shifter but it's too big. Guesses? Antenna??
- Where can I find some interior pics? I'm digging all over but mostly getting exterior shots.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 13:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Unless something very custom, I believe anything blue would have been in years before or after 21-23 series. Those immediate postwar years were fairly restrained in colors available--mostly tending to ivory and beiges in the interior plastics. There are several interior photos in the 46-7 photo archives section. Granted, probably no 6's but for the most part the pictures there are similar to what would have been available in a 6. There is also a 46 fact book you can download that might have a few bits of information on the 6.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 13:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Welcome to the Packard family. If you will send me a list of the parts you need I will check my storage shed to see if I have what you need. I restored a 6 cylinder Clipper 11 years ago and have some extra trim pieces.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 19:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I can also get you some trim pieces from my 47 Custom parts car which is pretty much identical from the windshield back I can get a trunk lock but no key. There is an excellent photo of the dash on a 46-47 in the 1947 Parts Book available here and here is a photo of my '47 to show the original woodgrain.

Attach file:

jpg  (143.57 KB)
13_4b7c963cdf44d.jpg 1280X988 px

Posted on: 2010/2/17 20:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46Pack6
See User information
Thanks Taxi man and clipper47. I put a list of parts I need in the classifieds section. If you could check there I would appreciate it!

Drove the old boat around the block today. It was like a ship on the sea! Front end floating all over - rear end felt like it was sagging and swaying......but man was it fun! I'll oil the front shocks tomorrow and give it another run. The carb is giving me some trouble - or it may be the pressure regulator. It seems to run out of gas at times. The electric fuel pump is rated at 4-8psi. Is that too high to run without a regulator? I'll try looking through the online manuals tonight.

One other issue: The starter goes out on occasion. The foot pedal switch won't engage so I bump the solenoid manually with a screwdriver and after that the pedal works again....for awhile. Does this sound like a switch/solenoid/or starter problem??

Loving this car and the help from the forum!!

Posted on: 2010/2/17 20:49
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46Pack6
See User information
....and thanks for the dash pic. I've got my work cut out re-doing that wood grain. Someone painted some 70's brush junk on EVERY piece of interior trim. :( Anyone have a pic of the antenna? I've got mine in pieces and it's laying in the back seat. I looked through the gallery and couldn't find anything.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 20:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are some pictures of an assembled antenna on a car herehttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=35818#forumpost35818 and there is an exploded view showing the assembly order of the major pieces on page 12 in the 2010 Yesterday's Radio catalog.http://yesterdaysradio.com/

Some time ago someone else was looking for an exploded parts type drawing showing the internal detail but don't believe one ever surfaced. I don't know if there is a detailed drawing of the actual works if that is what you are looking for.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 21:54
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46Pack6
See User information
YES! That's what I was looking for! looks like I have everything but the "holder" piece on the pillar. Excellent.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 22:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gregg Shelton
See User information
Good looking car. I"m sure your going to love it!

Posted on: 2010/2/18 0:59
Forty one is the one! Packard 120 touring sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved