Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
47 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 46

CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: My first Packard!
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
I remember the first rides in each of the Packards that I hauled home and got running. They are the most memorable of all. Happy Packarding and welcome aboard.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 13:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
The holder piece is available from
http://www.yesterdaysradio.com/
excellent quality and exactly like original.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
That problem with fuel flow could be the pressure regulator. The cheap chrome plated adjustable regulators that all the stores have are JUNK! I have had two of them stop my cars from running, particularly if the cars sit around. Once I pulled off the regulator the fuel flowed freely and the cars ran. I suggest you get a good regulator if you cannot get the fuel pump with the proper pressure. A good fuel pressure regulator costs 2 to 3 times more than the cheap junk one.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 10:31
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Fred, reminds me of an expression I used to hear frequently from vendors whose products cost a bit more, "if you want oats that's been thru the horse once, it's always cheaper."

Posted on: 2010/2/19 11:26
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
This reminds me of my dads outlook on fixing stuff.

You can have it:
Fast and cheap.
Good and fast.
Or good and cheap.

The last option usually provided something that was irreversible and involved jb weld.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 14:50
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46Pack6
See User information
You guys are funny. How about:

"Do it right the first time. You wouldn't wanna have to lick your calf twice would ya?" (Referencing a cow licking her newborn calf)

Posted on: 2010/2/19 15:05
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46Pack6
See User information
Just a little update and bump:

Been busy working on my house to put it up for sale. Not much new on the car. Had the upholstery cleaned to see if it was gonna be salvageable - came ok enough for a driver. This week I buffed whats left of the black laquer so it wouldn't look so sad sitting in my driveway. Not much luck on hood trim. I gave up after a month or so of trying. I did get the short end of the spears - but not the long ends, center ornament, or rocker pieces. I'm considering selling it since I can't source the trim. Besides, there are Packard limos out there somewhere to be had! :) Here's some pics just to plug up the internet!

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/5/15 20:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved