Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
195 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 194

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Paint
Just popping in
Just popping in

Al DiCenso
See User information
Is there a source for 1956 touchup paints, specifically "EH", Danube blue, Adriatic Blue?
Al D.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 15:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Paint
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, for small quantities for touch up or painting fender skirts and the like many of us go to Tower Paint for rattle cans mixed to original colors in acrylic lacquer or enamel. Google the name, you'll find them.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 16:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Hey Al, welcome to Packardinfo.com!

Everybody! this guy is with me, treat him right, you hear!

Mr. Pushbutton

(Al is customer #37--or so!)

Posted on: 2010/3/5 16:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
What I like to do is go to your local autobody paint store and get a quart of paint mixed up in single stage Acrylic Enamel and buy a Preval kit which allows you to pour the paint into a small glass jar which you then attach to a gas propellant cylinder that you screw onto the jar, then you can spray it just like a rattle can, but for much less cost in the long run and with plenty left for future touch ups. About 25-30 for a quart around here and less than 10 for the Preval, I just did this in December for our Saab 9-3, for winter touch up purposes.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 20:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Al DiCenso wrote: Is there a source for 1956 touchup paints, specifically "EH", Danube blue, Adriatic Blue? Al D.
Quote:
MrPushbutton wrote: Hey Al, welcome to Packardinfo.com! Everybody! this guy is with me, treat him right, you hear! Mr. Pushbutton (Al is customer #37--or so!)
G'day Al, or should I say Customer #37?
to PackardInfo, any friend of Mr PB's is a friend of ours.

And being a friend of PackardInfo could you please include your '56 Pushbutton equipped Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/3/6 2:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Owen, can you post a link to the Tower Paint site? I looked it up and got a whole bunch of crap that had nothing to do with cars. I'd prefer to keep the paint on my '53 original, so this sounds like just what I'm looking for.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 11:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
If you go to a body & paint jobber, (many NAPAs do it for example), they will have the paint chips and original formula to mix your original paint, as I mentioned, and for about $30 you can get a quart, and the Preval sprayer is less than $10. You would get the equivalent of at least 15 rattle cans, and I believe from Tower you would get just a few for that price. It is also nice to have non-spray paint in a can for touching up small areas with a brush. You can also get the formula from the link on the Packard Club website (Packard Automobile Classics - PAC) just Google "Packard Club".

Posted on: 2010/3/6 11:27
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
I guess I'll just have to question the people I know around here. The NAPA in my town COMPLETELY SUCKS! It REALLY does stand for No Auto Parts Available in Ogden.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 11:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Any auto body repair business can tell you where they get their paint mixed, or look in the Yellow Pages under Auto Body Repair and the paint suppliers should be in there.

Posted on: 2010/3/7 10:27
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved