Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 111

29tons, indhd20s, pmhowe, Karl, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 327 exhaust header stright 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
You can order the header flanges pre-maid from Victory headers. Then you just have to weld on the tubes. They cost $75. Packard straight 8 flanges are not listed on their site, but they do make them. (they do stock Packard V8 flanges)

I have ordered a set myself, but have not yet received them. I'll post pics of them when they come in. Here's a link:

http://www.victoryheaderflanges.com/

Posted on: 2010/4/6 18:56
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I am sure several of us would be very interested in how the header flanges fit and your progress in making a set of headers.

Posted on: 2010/4/6 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
I received my header flanges the other day from Victory, see pics. Really nice quality. 3/8" thick, super clean cuts with no burs. Don't know how well they will fit. I was told they use gaskets as a guide, so we'll have to see. Hopefully they fit as good as they look. I probably won't get around to starting that project until the summer. But I'll keep everyone posted.

Attach file:

jpg  (77.88 KB)
426_4d0cf1fdf2358.jpg 864X648 px

jpg  (64.97 KB)
426_4d0cf222b150f.jpg 864X648 px

jpg  (55.36 KB)
426_4d0cf2acdbee3.jpg 864X648 px

Posted on: 2010/12/18 12:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Anthony Pallett
See User information
Empire motors inc out of El Paso Tx makes a cast iron dual exhaust manifold for the 327 i don't know the cost though

Posted on: 2012/1/18 9:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

johntrhodes81
See User information
Did they fit right?

Thanks,

John

Posted on: 2017/6/13 11:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The mention of Empire Motors brings me an idea. There have been comments about Empire not fulfilling its obligations. It is alleged that they take orders and deposits and never deliver or delivery is made after an extended period. I don't know.

I was wondering if a deposit in full or substantial amount were made for a part, but instead of providing it to Empire would be placed in and escrow account. This way Empire would have their payment upon delivery, and the customer would be protected. I suppose a date certain delivery would also be included. A simple contract between the parties.

Just a thought.

JWL

Posted on: 2017/6/13 17:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved