Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
70 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 68

29tons, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

mr clean
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Cleaning whitewalls is a PITA. I was cleaning mine in my daughters driveway last week and she gave me something to try. It was called Mr Clean Magic Eraser. This all-white pad cleaned up the whitewalls quickly and rinsed off easily. AND Diamondback does NOT recommend Bleche-white so this is even better.

Attach file:

jpg  (7.24 KB)
23_4bbfd4309ba2f.jpg 232X225 px

Posted on: 2010/4/9 20:25
 Top  Print   

Re: mr clean
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Good find Randy. I get tired of cleaning white walls. Here is an old Mr Clean Jingle where the mention white walls! Is this new stuff expensive?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbiofcuTZBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbiofcuTZBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Posted on: 2010/4/9 21:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I doubt if it's expensive but then I got mine for free.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 0:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Great idea, Randy.

Anything to make WWW cleaning easier is a plus in my book.
I have "ancient" whitewall tires that still have good miles on them, but cleaning the 'checkers' is not the easiest.

I will try Mr C, and let you know.

PS: (Note my second saying below:
"Progress is made by lazy men looking for an easier way to do things.")
Mr C seems to have all the signs of progress

DanL

Attach file:

jpg  (86.64 KB)
464_4bc0b9dc579a9.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/4/10 12:47
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
OK, now I need a little help. I have looked everywhere (stores, internet, etc.) for a spoke brush that will fit the SMALL space between the spokes where I cannot even get my pinky finger. I have yet to find a brush small enough. Does anyone know of such a tool??

Posted on: 2010/4/11 10:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure how long you need it to be but might find something in laboratory equipment suppliers.http://www.amazon.com/SMALL-TEST-TUBE-BRUSH-8/dp/B001DBJL3W

Posted on: 2010/4/11 11:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
You might try a motorcycle shop.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 11:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
That's aaawweeesome.
Just gave the car a spring wash and partial claybar and wax, but neglected the white walls...This is the answer I have been looking for. I don't think the magic bars are too expensive, 2-4$. Also good around the kitchen.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 11:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Both good ideas. The laboratory brushes have wire handles which may scratch the chrome, but I'll check it out.
Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 11:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Good point about the scratching but I don't know with the way brushes are made anything small which won't have a wire core. Anything else would have a solid back like a toothbrush and maybe not fit. See a few brushes listed as spoke brushes which have a taper and wood or plastic handle but still a wire core. Harbor Freight has a cheap nylon bristle brush assortment of varying small sizes but still a core. Might be able to flatten the eyelet temporarily and put a plastic such as heat shrink over the wire and then re expand the eyelet.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 12:30
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved