Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 223

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Congratulations to David Czirr
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My Spring 2010 issue of the Packard Cormorant arrived yesterday, and included in it is Dave Czirr's article on Packard's body dash (or theft-proof) numbers. The article reflects Dave's painstaking research and is exceptionally well written. The tables and graphs add to understanding Packard's body numbering system. I encourage all Packard owners who have not submitted their data to Dave to do so. His registry needs more data to paint a more complete picture of this numbering system. One would think that these BDNs (as Dave calls them) would have been well documented by Packard, but this does not seem to be the case. Thanks, Dave, for sharing your work and efforts with us. Looking forward to the next installment.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/4/11 18:37
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Congratulations to David Czirr
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Congratulations Dave!

I hope to see the article sometime.

Jim

Posted on: 2010/4/11 19:26
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I will have to look at getting a copy of the that issue. Sounds great!

Posted on: 2010/4/11 19:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Nice to know that my copy should be in the mail..... somewhere!

Posted on: 2010/4/11 22:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

1935Packard
See User information
I agree that it's a marvelous article. In fact, I read it without seeing the byline, and by the end I thought to myself, "I wonder who wrote such a thoughtful and careful article?" I had to smile when I flipped back to the frontpage and saw it was Dave Czirr, whose advice is always so invaluable on these boards.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 0:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks guys for the nice words, glad you enjoyed it - that makes the couple of years of on-and-off work worthwhile to me. Since the article has been published new data has been arriving with some regularity, thanks to all for their assistance and especially to Joe Hopkins who just supplied a significant amount of new data. And a belated thanks to Roscoe Stelford for a large block of postwar data previously received. Already the new data has provided some new "highest-known" and "lowest-know" BDNs so an update at least to the chart would seem in order before too long.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 11:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jay Faubion
See User information
Will the article or information be available anywhere other than in the Cormorant?

I don't receive that any more.

Jay

Posted on: 2010/4/16 9:43
Jay Faubion
Ask me, I've got one!
Visit JaysPackard.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Jay - how are you doing? Did we not meet at Warren last year and you provided me with the numbers on your car - I seem to remember that?

Your question puts me in a bit of an awkward position - I think that one of the benefits of membership in a club, any kind of club, is access to their publications so I feel it's unfair to dues-paying members to make such information readily or quickly available to the general population - not to mention the copyright question. But quite a few folks on this site who are not PAC members did contribute data to the article (which I've acknowledged) and thus I feel an obligation to provide them some feedback on their contributions. Just how I'm going to manage this I don't yet know, but if I do put an excerpt up on the Web it will no doubt be first on PAC's forum first and of course you can go there to see it at that time - but eventually I'll find some way to share the some content directly with the contributors from PackardInfo. I also believe you can individually buy a copy of the magazine, it's Issue #138, Spring 2010. Give me some time to figure out what's best to do - or you can email me privately.

Back issues are $8 each, check payable to The Packard Club, order from Barbara & Carl Schneider, 11800 Black Pike, New Carlisle, OH 45344.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 10:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
49 Deluxe Eight (Jay). I have managed to obtain a copy of the latest edition of the Packard Cormorant so that I could read David Czirr article.

If you would like I would gladly loan you my copy so that you could read the article.

If you are interested in my offer send me a PM.

John S

Posted on: 2010/4/16 14:45
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Good article, nice writing. Congratulations.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 18:39
Stephen
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved