Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Is the buy it now price reasonable for this '56 Executive?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PACKARD-EXECUTIVE-SELECTO-MATIC-COUPE_W0QQitemZ310212503454QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item483a

I normally don't like mostly-white cars that much....but this one is a VERY attractive combination!!

Posted on: 2010/4/14 10:20
 Top  Print 

Re: Is the buy it now price reasonable for this '56 Executive?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I rather like it too and arm could be twisted a bit. Will be interesting to see what it goes for or if. One or two nits though. Don't believe there were bronze rocker covers with green engines available and also believe selectomatic was a either a radio trademark or from another vehicle and nothing Packard used.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 10:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I wondered about the "Selectomatic" thing, too. Should rocker covers also be green? Or chrome?

Posted on: 2010/4/14 10:42
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Rocker covers were silver, concencus is that the raised lettering was red.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 10:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe it would have had silver rocker covers and the engine green appears to be the pre 51 green rather than the turquoise used in 56.

Can't remember who used the selectomatic--maybe a jukebox. Packard name was "Electronic Push Button Shift" although to be technical, "electric" rather than "electronic" would be more proper. There was nothing more than wires, switches and relays involved--no vacuum tubes, components or anything else that typically is called "tronic".

Posted on: 2010/4/14 11:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
MIDan wrote:
"Is the buy it now price reasonable for this '56 Executive?"

While I like this very much (darn near what I would like to own eventually!) the short answer is a resounding "No"

Jim

Posted on: 2010/4/14 11:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
The buy it now price of $19,995 seems a little high to me. At that price I would expect the engine compartment to be fresh and detailed, no pits on the "V" trunk emblem and a detailed interior. This seems like #1 condition Packard 400 money. Just my 2 cents.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 12:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
But Executives are one of the rarest 56's, yes?

Posted on: 2010/4/14 12:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
They are one of the rarer 56's so that plus being a hardtop are in it's favor. It appears to be in fairly decent condition so a big plus. Appears nicely optioned although can't tell about some not listed so depending on point of view on amount (or lack thereof) might be a factor to be considered. I'm kind of guessing with the spec page that maybe was a show item it might be an older restoration or even original. Negatives for that amount of money have already been mentioned. The obvious wear and what I think is lack of detailing by a professional seller for the price would make me wonder if anything else is hiding. To my mind the starting bid should be more the absolute upper limit.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 13:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
FWIW!
I purchased a 56 almost identical in shape as this one but with lower mileage 2 years ago but mine is black with Dover White top and side strip. My engine compartment is totally original, no restoration done, and engine is a hard to describe green, no turquoise tint period. Rocker covers look to be, what"s left, a silver. As far as price this comes down to how much do you REALLY want the car. I believe the start bid is a fair price if everything is as stated. There were 1031 Executive hardtops produced in 56.
Bill

Posted on: 2010/4/14 14:26
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved