Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
48 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 47

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: More Pics
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Joel,

Seems BigKev made an executive decision and my PM really wasn't necessary. But I had to send it!

And I'd rather view your pic's right way up so I've re-posted them.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.26 KB)
226_4bf461321402d.jpg 375X500 px

jpg  (33.24 KB)
226_4bf4613eabd08.jpg 375X500 px

jpg  (20.24 KB)
226_4bf4614a3d2fc.jpg 375X500 px

Posted on: 2010/5/19 17:10
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: 1953 Clipper Deluxe Custom
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joel Brattain
See User information
I appreciate the help guys, I have been busy and stealing minutes here and there to get this blog going. I have gotten spoiled by my iPhone but find it's limitations. For example I cannot browse for pictures - even those on my phone from the posting page. So I have to use the PC which shows all options anyway thanks.
Back to the car - as you see it is the way I bought it. Complete drivetrain though. Since I have rebuilt the carb and tuned the ignition with existing parts to run I have begun rebuilding the cooling system and the fuel system. Once I get her back from the shop I will continue thru the car one system at a time making improvements along the way such as the 12 v system with electronic ignition, improved cooling system with new four row core rad, overflow tank and fan shroud which the car did not have. The questionable trans cooler will be deleted in it's place will be a dedicated trans cooler in front of the radiator at least until a standard trans is sourced as I am no fan of slush boxes. I am wanting an adapter for a late model world class T-5. I have found a detailed build that used the Ultramatic bell housing with a 3/4 inch adapter for shaft length correction . I will dig deeper when I get there. I have driven older cars and really want a well sorted driver with upgrades.
My first experience with a Packard was as a teenager. I will be 40 this August but still had the experience of working at a full service gas station in high school. As a matter of fact my best freind and boss let me drive his 57 Belair post as long as I stayed on school. Back to the Packard my bosses older brother had one in storage and one sunny day We went to pull it 45 miles down the highway. Well I was to sit and steer it It was a black 39 business coupe with a tan/cream interior. Besides being threatened not to damage it I knew it was special. It rode turned everything smooth and stately. I recall the speedometer requestering and how precise it seemed to be. I was impressed with that car and he still has it fully restored in storage which I think is a shame.

Posted on: 2010/5/19 22:03
J.B
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joel Brattain
See User information
Hopefully these pictures post the satisfaction of all.
This is the car as of last month, major changes, major bodywork. I am pleased with the corrected roofline and the large more proportioned rear quarter windows. I actually want a comfortable back seat with relistic head room. Well let me know what you think. Thanks J.B

Attach file:

jpg  (83.14 KB)
1932_4bf6b222d294c.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (99.42 KB)
1932_4bf6b235deead.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (99.45 KB)
1932_4bf6b27cdcdfa.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (89.58 KB)
1932_4bf6b2906dc36.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (89.35 KB)
1932_4bf6b2ab1a76b.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/5/21 11:24
J.B
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Nice work. The rear 1/4 windows look better, as does the rear roof/window area. Your contours look very natural. I look forward to seeing your Packard progress.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 11:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Does look better. The back window in first pictures looked a bit odd--unless it just wasn't finished enough then.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 11:34
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joel Brattain
See User information
Yes the original pictures were as purchased and the chop that was started was by an amatuer. The rear window and quarters were all jacked up, which is why being honest with myself I took it to a pro to get right.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 11:43
J.B
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Jalopnik just posted a custom Packard 300 they saw at a car show in Michigan.

Check it out....LINK

Posted on: 2010/5/21 16:45
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joel Brattain
See User information
I am sure that is our own straighteights&aces project blog custom 300 which is a sweet ride. I love the grill/front end, I am thinking I want to fill the holes on my front fenders and loose the wrap around 53 grill pieces. Of all the custom fiftes grill treatments I have seen I think the model 200 and 300 are the best stock. Packards have the best front end treatments. I am struggling with my rear end treatment particularly the tailights. I thought about 10 inch flush teardrops from Hagenauto.com but they are expensive . I bought 7.5 in cats eye led taillights from southernrods but returned them because they were too small - out of proportioned. Now i thinking 38-39 large Zepher LEDs which happened to be on the jade two tone painted by Winfield on the cover of Rods and Customs this month. I like the early fiftes Belair tailights perhaps frenched. It must look right, the simplist improvement to the cars lines was to remove the chrome rear quarter fins. The car has nice smooth lines unclutered by excess trim, I want the side spear trim on the doors- front fenders. Oh I I must have the hood ornament - perhaps flying Goddess . What did the deluxe clipper 53 have?

Posted on: 2010/5/21 21:51
J.B
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

StraightEights&Aces
See User information
The car is looking great I think I've seen some pics of this car being chopped online somewhere. I've always like the chopped 50s cars too. Any idea on how much the roof has been lowered?

Posted on: 2010/5/27 21:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved