Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: eBay exhaust
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Dave, the one I got from them a few years ago is perfectly quiet. I wonder if you ought to give them a call back and see if they discovered something new since you got yours. I think our engines / exhaust manifolds are very similar. If anything, my wheelbase is shorter with less pipe and would likely be the louder of the two cars.

Jim

Posted on: 2010/5/18 0:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks Jim, but so many names have been mentioned here, which "them" were you referring to?

Posted on: 2010/5/18 8:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Sorry about that Dave, Kepich was who I reffered to.

Jim

Posted on: 2010/5/18 10:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Owen_Dyneto wrote: Mal, thanks very much for the views of the old muffler, any chance of better internal detail photos? Of course only interested if you believe it was an original or OEM-replacement unit......
Dave,

Pic's were taken back in Jan '08 and the muffler was then consigned to the scrap bin. Really only this pic and two more general ones of the muffler. I will send all three to you by email and you should be able to see them in Picasa, blow them up and move around looking at details, although resolution suffers.

And Wade says it's an original or original type muffler.

Posted on: 2010/5/18 21:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

A man who owns one!
See User information
I happen to own a muffler shop, so my opinion may be biased. But I happen to know that any muffler configuration can be replicated on any vehicle. The round mufflers you are reffering to are available in hundreds of brands and lines. An "experienced" shop can reproduce a custom system that delivers the very sound your after and still look as though it just came off the detroit assembly line. I've never tried to fit an exhaust system in a driveway but I'll have to assume it would be much easier at about the same cost to have your local shop do it for you. Thus preventing the situation that something is off or a bend is at the wrong rotation. At my shop I use both prebent and stock tubes. The stock , 7ft straight sticks, and the prebent have another big difference, the materials. You can feel that the prebent is much weaker, thinner, lower quality. The stocks are thicker to handle the bender. But the guage of the steel is much thicker to give a much longer service life as well. My 15 years of experience in the same shop has confirmed this too. So I recommend having your local MIDAS , free plug, at least put your packard on a rack and take a look at it with ya. It's free and most of the time you can talk to the tech and get a feel of his experience level and see if your confident in his abilities. You can probably feel the materials and at least have a little more insight to make your decision on which is best for you and your packard. This should show a pic of the typical prebent on the bottom. standard stock on the top.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.30 KB)
2128_4bf57f4e50a1f.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/5/20 13:37
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved